Esteemed Contributor

Good mascara for over 60 women ...

I don't have really full natural lashes anymore. I like using a little bit of mascara to accent what I have. The mascara I used to use was discontinued and now I can't find one that I like. I have light color hair and want something that accents them without looking too dark and like spider eyes.

New Contributor

Re: Good mascara for over 60 women ...

I like IT cosmetics tightline mascara.  I love the skinny brush.  It doesn't give me spider lashes.

Honored Contributor

I am in the same boat--kind of--my lashes are so short and straight and sparse due to chemo a few years ago--they never fully grew back so mostly I go without; however I did try a mascara from Clinique called Chubby Lash Fattening mascara and it does a very nice job. Cost about $17 tho. I got it from Nordstrom during their buy 2 get 1 mascara sale last week.  Maybe see if you can get it on Ebay for less. I will do tht when it runs out. It has a very fine bristle brush that seems to get all those tiny lashes. I think you could go crazy and make your lashes looks like spiders legs, but thats all in the number of coats you apply. I think it only comes in black.  I've

tried the drugstore ones that claim to do the same as this does but they are junk, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Diorshow mascara is great!  This mascara gives a lot of volume to the lashes.  It comes in both Chestnut Brown and Black.  I personally buy the Brown version in waterproof.  Best volumizing mascara I have ever used especially if your lashes are thinning.

New Contributor

where do you get this.

New Contributor

Macy's has it

Respected Contributor

Diorshow is sold at Macy's, Sephora, Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman's to name a few. I love this mascara.  It cost $25 per wand, but the mascara lasts forever.  Sephora's annual 15% off sale should be coming soon.  I always buy my new mascara then.  After discovering Diorshow,  I no longer waste my money on other mascaras.  Believe me I tried them all.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I am in the same boat--kind of--my lashes are so short and straight and sparse due to chemo a few years ago--they never fully grew back so mostly I go without; however I did try a mascara from Clinique called Chubby Lash Fattening mascara and it does a very nice job. Cost about $17 tho. I got it from Nordstrom during their buy 2 get 1 mascara sale last week.  Maybe see if you can get it on Ebay for less. I will do tht when it runs out. It has a very fine bristle brush that seems to get all those tiny lashes. I think you could go crazy and make your lashes looks like spiders legs, but thats all in the number of coats you apply. I think it only comes in black.  I've

tried the drugstore ones that claim to do the same as this does but they are junk, IMO.

I like this Clinique mascara very much, too, and it actually comes in at least 4 colors (maybe 5).  I've been using the plum.  The color isn't obvious, but gives a nice, soft look.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra wrote:

Diorshow is sold at Macy's, Sephora, Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman's to name a few. I love this mascara.  It cost $25 per wand, but the mascara lasts forever.  Sephora's annual 15% off sale should be coming soon.  I always buy my new mascara then.  After discovering Diorshow,  I no longer waste my money on other mascaras.  Believe me I tried them all.

Which Diorshow mascara do you recommend as there's about 9 different formulas, and do you like waterproof or?  Thanks

Super Contributor

I had the same problem until I used Rapid Lash. It really works to make your lashes longer and fuller. I buy mine on Hautelook when they have it (usually 1/2 price off retail). I used it faithfully every night for about 1 year. When my lashes got longer, I use it about 3x weekly. As for mascara, I'm using Tarte and it seems to be working out OK for me.