Respected Contributor

Re: Good make-up brush cleaner

@Mistic wrote:

I'm the odd one out here.  I use an old fashioned bar of Dial Soap.  The orange one.  Hot water and rub the bristles on the bar until all comes out clean.

I've done this with my IT brushes since I got them, and that has to be years ago.  Started with IT brushes when they came to QVC, and that was how long ago?  

Still have the same brushes, and they are still like new.  They get washed a lot.  

Probably not the best way to go about it, but works for me.  

Like @Mistic ,  I find that old-fashioned bar soap is best for cleaning my brushes.  I rub my brushes on the bar soap (whatever brand I have), then I rub it on the brush cleansing mat. Rinse, then they come out really clean.

Respected Contributor

Zote Soap, I get mine at Walmart in the laundry soap section. Absolutely the best I’ve found and it’s like $1. It’s a huge bar that last a long time and it gets the job done and none of my white bristle brushes are stained. 

Super Contributor

It Cosmetics Brush Love.

Honored Contributor

@LillyBee2    I use bar soap and hot water.  Gets the brushes squeaky clean.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle   I love the kitty in your picture.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Brush Love ~ Instant Brush Cleaner!!!

It's the best...you can clean your brush down to the handle with a few spritz of the BL you then wipe the brush on a paper towel or hand towel. Brush is ready to use! Usually they have a twofer, a large bottle & a travel size bottle. Lasts for ever & keep your brushes like new. I have the same brushes for years. Good Luck in your hunt. Heart

Trusted Contributor

I use whatever shampoo is in the shower.  A squirt of shampoo in my hand, swirl the brushes, and rinse until clear.  Sometimes I do this twice.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@luvmybeetle   I love the kitty in your picture.

Thanks, he's one of 5.  I'm a sucker for a stranded or unwanted cat.  Cats are a comfort when needed.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have duplicates of all my brushes which I use most often. That way don't have to worry about having a dry one to use after I wash it...I always have another one on standby.

@SilleeMee   Yes, I have favorites of duplicates, too.