Trusted Contributor

Good drugstore MATTE eyeshadow palette?

Can anyone recommend one?  TIA

Regular Contributor

Re: Good drugstore MATTE eyeshadow palette?

[ Edited ]

I like Catrice "The Modern Matt Collection".  (And, yes, it is spelled Matt, not Matte, on the lid.)  The shadows range from beige through taupes and some greys.  They are very wearable and blend nicely.  I got it at Ulta.

Regular Contributor

Catrice, what did you pay for them?
Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

@Sue98 Maybelline City Mini Matte About Town

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 7.36.11 PM.png

It does have more fallout than my high-end eyeshadows.  But the colors are beautiful and blends beautifully.  You just need to tap out the excess on the brush before applying on the eyelids. It is under $10.

Emily Noel has a YouTube Tutorial on this.  It is on her chanel under "What's New At the Drugstore: Hit & Misses Summer 2018"

Honored Contributor

I usually don't wear shadows but I own this e.l.f. matte palette and use it when I get a creative urge.Woman Happy  What I like most about this one is that they aren't too heavily pigmented so you can't over-do it...just add more if you want the intensity. These shadows blend nicely and there is no fallout. This product contains talc so I find that a bit drying so I always apply a shadow primer beforehand and that seems to help with that as well as making the shadow stay on longer. The primer will also make your shadows more intense in color and will keep them from changing color as the day goes on.

e.l.f. Mad for Matte (a.k.a. - Summer Breeze) - $10

5a47bdb5-c87a-44c2-b17a-cfd77d3607ca_1.61bf8ddbc4aacc4dfb7f33d110738fa9.jpeg

2c2cd352-df29-4f1b-8ab0-18d87b04ce2c_1.f7d56c08cf43684fc0a40f9c305d4c68.jpeg

Advertised as "Proud to be cruelty-free and vegan".

Respected Contributor

I 100% agree on the ELF palette! They go on like silk, so blendable! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Look at L’Oreal La Palette Nude eye shadows. 

Colour Riche® La Palette Nude Nude

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

@Booksamillion wrote:
Catrice, what did you pay for them?

I paid about $8.00

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Sue98 wrote:

@Sue98 Maybelline City Mini Matte About Town

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 7.36.11 PM.png

It does have more fallout than my high-end eyeshadows.  But the colors are beautiful and blends beautifully.  You just need to tap out the excess on the brush before applying on the eyelids. It is under $10.

Emily Noel has a YouTube Tutorial on this.  It is on her chanel under "What's New At the Drugstore: Hit & Misses Summer 2018"

@Sue98I used the Maybelline palette shown by @momoftwo2007 down to the metal case.  The product isn't packed in as much, nor does the shadow lay down as nicely as some of the prestige brands, but for less than $10 it was pretty good.  Actually it was a great purchase for me because I was trying to make a completely shimmer and shine palette which had cost triple the price more wearable.  That said I still liked the Maybelline colors alone as the mattes they are intended to be.  

A recent inexpensive palette I purchased is Morphe's Oh Boy. It's one of those nude style matte palettes of shades in brown from deep browns to light goldens.  Those are great colors for me, but for more complexion versatility, I'd recommend their palette called Morphe 35N (35 shade palette). 

Respected Contributor

Milani has a nice matt eyeshadow palette. Quality makeup at drugstore prices. Reviews are really good on there eyeshadows.