Respected Contributor

Good beauty bloggers on YOU Tube for older skin?

I really like Hot and Flashy Angie because she is to the point and professional with it.  I hate those that just go on and on and I just have to end it   However, I would like someone who has mature skin but does not have botox, laser, hand fillers and on and on like Angie.  It seems like she has had everything but a facelift.   I don't find her recommendations to work for me.  Any other mature beauty bloggers that you like?

Honored Contributor

Re: Good beauty bloggers on YOU Tube for older skin?

@chiclet wrote:

I really like Hot and Flashy Angie because she is to the point and professional with it.  I hate those that just go on and on and I just have to end it   However, I would like someone who has mature skin but does not have botox, laser, hand fillers and on and on like Angie.  It seems like she has had everything but a facelift.   I don't find her recommendations to work for me.  Any other mature beauty bloggers that you like?

@chiclet  Monique Parent is in her 50’s. Chic After 50...she’s a little more rock ‘n roll...shops at Anthropologie & Chico’s so wears more color and fun clothing. Her makeup/hairstyle is fun and modern. I love Dominque Sachses (sp.). Most of these you tubers at this age can afford and do have Botox, fillers, eye lifts, etc. It’s more common now and affordable. They’re also in the business of looking their best. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've found that I like some of the products that Hot & Flashy gives negative reviews. 

Instead of looking for a specific blogger I just search for specific product or topic reviews.  Lots of good reviews out there come up during random searches.

Valued Contributor

@chiclet
I’m 55 and these are a few I really like Nathalie the beauty diva ,DonnaLisaD ,the Free Range Diva and Nikol Johnson . I use cruelty free products so Donna and free range focus on cruelty free brands. Nikol focuses on gray hair but her videos are helpful to all women over 40 . I enjoy all these women because they really focus on issues for women over 50 and all have great makeup tutorials with a variety of makeup looks from natural to colorful and featuring current cosmetics releases and how to apply to older faces .
Esteemed Contributor

While I don't follow anyone on YT I completely ditched the entire Beauty Blogger thing after the controversy and TRUTH came out a few weeks ago.

Seems not only do these bloggers charge for a good review, they also charge to diss a competitor's brand. Then there's what they charge to list a company's item first during a try on or onboxing. These bloggers provide a rate sheet to mu companies. Some charge $50-$60,000 per review. 

These are not unbiased reviews, they are commercials. Some are now saying they are not influencers, they are merely content creators. 

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

While I don't follow anyone on YT I completely ditched the entire Beauty Blogger thing after the controversy and TRUTH came out a few weeks ago.

Seems not only do these bloggers charge for a good review, they also charge to diss a competitor's brand. Then there's what they charge to list a company's item first during a try on or onboxing. These bloggers provide a rate sheet to mu companies. Some charge $50-$60,000 per review. 

These are not unbiased reviews, they are commercials. Some are now saying they are not influencers, they are merely content creators. 

I did not hear about that.   Nothing is real anymore.  Sad

Respected Contributor

uppiesbeads59 is good, IMO.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

MaryEllen After 60, Oh Carol Show, Melissa55, Marlene Fab and Glam over 50.  All are over 60. These channels are small and the women enjoy sharing information about beauty. They have not had plastic surgery, they manage their channel by themselves, and they buy their own products. Occassionally some company will send them something and they let their subscribers know. When a company sends them something they ask for an extra for a give away. I find them all to be very kind.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Not all beauty You Tubers do this.  There are plenty of good ones out there that give honest reviews and don't charge for them and also don't go on all the promo trips that the cosmetics companies have.  Like with anything, there's a lot of good with the bad and it's not fair to judge an entire community because some are unethical and dishonest.

Frequent Contributor

The ladies have given you great suggestions. I would add, Little Poet and Shake-up Make-up. Both ladies are more mature and give great suggestions. I find You Tube to be first and foremost, entertaining. All of the ladies suggested are positive and upbeat. They demonstrate how they use cosmetics, which may be helpful. They also discuss their skincare. All products are readily available and at a variety of price points. I do hope you find someone relatable to you.