Valued Contributor

Re: Good Over-50 Light Non-comedogenic Foundation or Tinted Moisturizer?

The lightest tinted moisturizer I've found is Osmotics. Sheer facial tint spf 45. I don't know if it will provide enough coverage for you but wanted to give you the name. I haven't found it to cause breakouts, but I don't wear it every day.

Trusted Contributor

I'm over 50 and from time to time still battle with breakouts.   Just recently, I went to an outdoor graduation party; the weather was warm 75-80 degrees and part of the time we were in direct sun.

After  I applied my sunscreen, I mixed a lightweight moisturizer with a gel primer and lightly patted that on my face.  After it dried down, I brushed on a pressed powder mineral foundation.  I applied enough to even out my skin and blur imperfections.  

I was happy to find I had no oily breakthroughs and my makeup didn't  melt away.  I made the concoction of primer/ moisturizer on my own, knowing I would need some of both, but not wanting two layers under my foundation.   

I started using a pressed powder mineral foundation when I began noticing I was fighting with aging skin AND still having oily areas and some breakouts.  I think you would get the same results with a loose powder minerall foundation.

I prefer the pressed powder because I have more control with the amount I need and the blending 

Honored Contributor

@age-struck,     Laura Mercier has the best tinted moisturizer oil-free that is what I use.  I like the oil-free because it has a little more substance to the product.  You can build it but it's definitely not full coverage.  Another one to look at is Philosophy's new ones.  Miracle Worker and Hope in a Jar foundation and then there is Hope in a Jar Tint.  Hopefully, you have a Sephora or Nordstrom nearby.  Laura does offer several shades with different undertones which is very nice.  Congratulations to your son.  Have a wonderful time.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm loving Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue.  It's a nice, light coverage.

They just released a whole new range of colors and it's an even better color match for me now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I will check them all out! Sure do appreciate all of you on the forum!!

Occasional Contributor

I would love to do that, but it's in a little tiny town near a lake and I have no idea where to even go for that, plus I will be on a travel time-crunch. I had thought of that exact idea, but it's gonna just be me and my makeup bag on my own!

Occasional Contributor

You have fun at your neice's wedding and I will definitely check out the LM! Thanks!