Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel...I'm so glad to hear you had a good makeup day Friday. Smiley Happy  I found a bottle of that Rimmel foundation Sat. (half price), and tried it today. LOVE it! Thanks!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Makeup Day

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel...I'm so glad to hear you had a good makeup day Friday. Smiley Happy  I found a bottle of that Rimmel foundation Sat. (half price), and tried it today. LOVE it! Thanks!

Thanks, @catwhisperer!  It looks like they're discontinuing it.  It was half price at the drugstore when I found it, and I just bought a few more bottles on clearance at another store.  So you may want to pick up an extra bottle or two, but check the expiration date on the back to be sure it's not going to expire soon.  

Ulta has it for $3.99 on their website, but I didn't really want to make an Ulta order just for a few bottles of inexpensive foundation.  Not sure if they carry it in their stores.

What a bummer it was to find something I like so much and then realize it's being discontinued so soon after I found it!!  Smiley Frustrated

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Would it help to say that she started it? That, though she's accepted many, many peace offerings, she is the one who wants to continue the rows?

@Harpa  Sometimes you have to be the bigger squirrel.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Thanks, @catwhisperer!  It looks like they're discontinuing it.  It was half price at the drugstore when I found it, and I just bought a few more bottles on clearance at another store.  So you may want to pick up an extra bottle or two, but check the expiration date on the back to be sure it's not going to expire soon.  

Ulta has it for $3.99 on their website, but I didn't really want to make an Ulta order just for a few bottles of inexpensive foundation.  Not sure if they carry it in their stores.

What a bummer it was to find something I like so much and then realize it's being discontinued so soon after I found it!!  Smiley Frustrated

@mistriTsquirrel.....it did have a sign stating it was being discontinued. I got the last bottle in the shade I needed, but that's okay. I don't wear much makeup anymore, as I don't go out much.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

mistriTsquirrel, what a great day for you Smiley Happy  Makeup, even tho it might be considered "shallow" can certainly lift our spirits.  I wish I felt like "putting my face on" when I don't leave the house.  My 78 year old mother, to this day, still does!  I know I'd feel better if I did.  I have blue eyes and find bronze shadows really make my eyes pop.  This summer I've been using a bright (not navy) blue liner that I smudge under my lower lashes.  I like purple too.  How do you get liner to stay on your bottom waterline?  I just can't Smiley Sad  I asked the sales lady at Ulta if there was a liner that STAYED on the lower waterline.  She said she had two.  I bought one but it doesn't last any longer than my Revlon Colorstay liner and was 3x the price.

Are you sensitive to most or all medications?  I am.  And what I CAN tolerate, I have to cut the dose in half and even quarters.  Most anything I take, prescription, OTC, pharmaceutical or natural will either make me sweat or swell.  Other side effects too that make the medication worse than the illness it's supposed to help.  I was on Cymbalta many years ago.  It was a God-send for about a month then I swelled up like a toad!  It was for depression and pain.  While on it I flew to Vegas to ride 4 wheelers around the Grand Canyon and WANTED to skydive but DH talked me out of that (g)

Have you ever had your progesterone level tested?

Hey, if you really want to try something fun, take a look at Revlon Photoready Eye Art for Lid, Liner and Lash.  I don't  use the metallic liquid shadow end.  I apply the glitter end to  my lashes after my mascara dries.  It's not an IN YOUR FACE look.  You have to be in the right light to see it.  It's very pretty and fun Smiley Happy  I have most all the colors that I coordinate with my clothes.   glitter stays on till you take it off.  No fall out.

Revlon Photoready Eye Art

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  I've been wearing makeup more, and really enjoying it for a change.  It's been a nice lift.  Smiley Happy

As far as the waterline, that champagne eyeliner isn't terribly pigmented, but it does give a brightening sheen.  I haven't had much luck putting darker colors on the waterline and getting them to last.  I think the champagne just works for awhile, and then as it fades I don't notice it like I would if a black liner was fading.  You may want to start a thread to see what others are using on their waterline; maybe someone else has a better answer to that question. 

I tend to be sensitive to SNRI medications.  When I was on SSRI meds, they could max me out on the dose, but not with SNRIs.  I haven't had my progesterone level tested.  Nobody has suggested that either.  I guess it's something I should look into.

Those Revlon duos look really pretty.  I've seen them at the store before, but I passed on them.  I had a piece of glitter fall in my eye and scratch it when I was in my late teens or early 20s, and I had an eye infection that lasted quite awhile.  I've stayed away from glitter since then.  I saw that they have duos out now (I don't remember if they're Revlon, L'Oreal or Maybelline) that have fun colors on each end and no glitter, so I may try one of those.  I'm just wary of glitter since that eye infection.  I couldn't wear eye makeup for about 2 months!!  It was awful.