Super Contributor

Re: Good Foundation for Rosacea

Try Merle Norman's Total Finish.........it is great coverage....apply with the sponge that's included with it.........

Respected Contributor

if you have serious redness (as I have had) no foundation will give you enough coverage and last long enough. I have had Pulse dye laser twice...it vaporizes the blood vessels and they bruise out and fade. I had the strong one where I had to hide out for two weeks while the bruising faded. What a difference it has made. The redness, burning and stinging is gone except occasionally my ears will get red.

Please, if you have it done go to a dermatologist office and have it done by an expert.

Respected Contributor

I would also add that my derm said no clairisonic and nothing abrasive. I tried metro gel, metrocream and another cream that started with a d. I also was on long term oral antibiotics which was suppose to help with the inflammation.

Unfortunately, none of these treatments helped me but I was very, very pleased (thrilled!!) with the pulse dye laser results for any one who might also not respond to the other medical treatments. I had 2 treatments (years apart) at my derms office.

Esteemed Contributor

It is really hard to say because everyone is different. You would be best avoiding ANY skin care products with irritating essential oils (even though they are natural, natural ingredients can be some of the biggest culprits) or any type of fragrance. 

I would say Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals would be a good place to start. It does have some soothing ingredients (oat, tea, aloe, calendula) in it and I don't believe it has fragrance added. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Thank all of you so much for sharing your experiences, recommendations and advice.  All of you echoed the thing that had been on my mind...USE AS FEW PRODUCTS AS POSSIBLE.

I tried the Metrogel without any luck. So, I've kind of been on my own.  I did try CeraVe day and night moisturizers,  but they only exacerbated my problem.

So, armed with your information, I'll get back to the "try and see" method and keep you posted on my findings.

Once again, thank you all!

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

if you have serious redness (as I have had) no foundation will give you enough coverage and last long enough. I have had Pulse dye laser twice...it vaporizes the blood vessels and they bruise out and fade. I had the strong one where I had to hide out for two weeks while the bruising faded. What a difference it has made. The redness, burning and stinging is gone except occasionally my ears will get red.

Please, if you have it done go to a dermatologist office and have it done by an expert.

I'm getting this done next month. I have type 1 rosacea and flush badly. I'm scared though of the bruising because it looks pretty brutal but you're right, there are no creams that treat it and foundation can only cover so much!!

I'm so glad to hear it helped you!  👍

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quinny wrote:

Thank all of you so much for sharing your experiences, recommendations and advice.  All of you echoed the thing that had been on my mind...USE AS FEW PRODUCTS AS POSSIBLE.

I tried the Metrogel without any luck. So, I've kind of been on my own.  I did try CeraVe day and night moisturizers,  but they only exacerbated my problem.

So, armed with your information, I'll get back to the "try and see" method and keep you posted on my findings.

Once again, thank you all!

Have you tried any Paulas Choice products? She has a CALM line and also Skin Recovery line. Not only don't they have any fragrance or know rosacea irritating ingredients but they do have ingredients known to soothe. My mom has rosacea and this is what she uses. This is also what the derms I work recommend for rosacea sufferers. She used Metrogel for years but then it stopped working so she now takes a low does of antibiotics daily and this is working for her. Good luck @Quinny, I know this can be frustrating because what works for one may not work for the other. 

I also think the laser therapy can really be helpful in many people. I have seen really good results in those who have tried this. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Quinny

Here are my go-to's ... I have the same problems.

100% Pure liquid foundation ... very effective and soothing

faerieorganic mineral foundation veil and bronzers -- always dependable and these also heal

It has thyme, oregano, rosemary and lavender extracts which can cause irritation in many rosacea sufferers.

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Having mine lasered out.  My daughter did also my friend.  Three hundred and fourth five dollars at the Seems office.  I understand in time it comes back.  I will also have my eyebrows 're tattooed in three weeks.  Like Mally,s gel brow, but trickery and messy.

Trusted Contributor

@QuinnyCheck out "Jane Iredale's" website. Great products for your skin. I have used them for years with good results.