Honored Contributor

Re: Gone back to powder foundation....

I am 69 with mostly dry skin.  I tried going back to mineral powder foundations and they all look way too matte on me. I agree that many women use too much of the liquid.  It only takes a small amount.  The SSC, Bella Rosa @Perky does sound interesting.  One with some glow might work. I might have to give it a try.....one more time.

Respected Contributor

It so hard to make a blanket statement because we all have different skin types,skin tones and needs. I am 69 with dry skin and have never found a powder foundation that I could use. Wander Beauty is probably the only one that I could get away with but even that one for me doesn't look the best. I have tried very high end powder foundations too. So for me a powder is a no. Since your skin is combo then you may have enough oil in your skin that a powder would work.

Respected Contributor

It all depends on your individual skin type...that's why I dislike blanket statements such as "powder foundation should not be worn by older women". This 63 year old is very happy with Balance & Brighten. I've used up more compact than I can count! I've tried a couple of other powders--IT Celebration and Physician's Formula--but went right back to B & B. I still have a very oily T-zone, and B & B just works best for me.

Sometimes I will put a very thin layer of a cream foundation on first, then dust some B & B over it, just to get a bit more coverage if I think I need it.