Frequent Contributor

Re: Gone back to powder foundation....

Another vote for powder foundation here, after wasting so much money trying liquids because somebody said powers were no good on older skin (I'm 68).  I have the best luck with Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation and Concealer.  Yep, it's both in one, and I just use a little extra under the eyes and around the nostrils for concealing.  Great wear, moderate to full coverage, and you don't have to use a primer.  Reasonably priced, too.

Respected Contributor

I have used Dr. D's Tinted moisturizer SPF 30 forever.  But, there are days that I still grab for a dusting of Laura Geller, and out the door I go.  I will be 63 in June.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

I, too like Mad Hippie - they are cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

I would like to get a good powder foundation.  Used BE years ago, but as I got old(er) it didn't work for me.  I am using liquid and I also agree with others that you have to use it sparingly or it looks like you have a mask on.

Valued Contributor

I love powder foundation.  A good one melts into the skin and looks fabulous.

Valued Contributor

Like others here, I went on the hunt for a liquid foundation after I heard over and over that powder foundations make mature skin look older.  I have a whole bunch of the liquid foundations and didn't really like any of them like I always loved BE.  Then, somebody on these boards said to use Complexion Rescue after applying a good mositurizer and put a light dusting of BE on top.  Sure enough, my skin was not dry and I had the look of BE that pleased me so much in my younger days.  The best part was that I had Complexion Rescue already and still had BE Matte so I didn't have to buy anything at all.

Honored Contributor

Not me! I am in my early 60's and just discovered applying my liquid Clinique foundation with a brush....wow what a huge difference and transformation! i always just applied with my fingers but using a brush make a HUGE difference! I only use a dash of powder, at the end of the day if I'm going out, Too cakey, dull and non-healthy looking! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Sunday morning attended church service then spent several hours with friends enjoying brunch and fellowship returning home late in the day. To my surprise and delight no issues with makeup. Completely opposite with liquid foundation. Fact is primer never made a difference with liquid by mid-day hot waxy mess. 

Super Contributor

Interesting discussion. I used Bare Minerals forever.  I kept spilling it and it went everywhere.  So the beauty experts told us to use the liquid makeup so I have the last few years, starting with tinted moistizers and matte make ups.  I am 65 and work full time so I need staying power.  I have wrinkles and use daily moisturizers.  I may trial the Bare Minerals I have hiding in my makeup drawer! 

Respected Contributor

With It celebration it is hard to find the right color.  I am a light medium to medium and bought the tan medium and it is fine.  The medium was too light.  This is a fairly new color.  They really messed up with the colors.  With powder foundation I think if you get it too light, it is chalky looking and too dark is muddy looking so biggest concern is finding the right color.  I don't think I will ever go back to liquid foundation with the polka dot pores and wrinkles accentuated. and greasy face that has to be blotted.   Also my neck and face is not the exact same color.   A spritz of makeup setter or whatever you call it can make powder look dewey if you like.  There are many different kinds.  Trying to find something that makes you look better not worse is harder as you get older.