Trusted Contributor

Re: Going "blond" to avoid grey

@hoosieroriginal: I switched from Clairol Root Touch Up to L'Oreal Root Rescue, & I find that it lasts longer, & is much easier to use! It even has a comb-like tip! It's a few $'s more, but well worth it, imo.

Valued Contributor

Im a good 90% grey. For the past few years my stylist has been doing a two process color on my head. The highlights are light but roots are a light brown. when the regrowth starts, it's not as severe looking, or as she called it looking like a skunk.  Much softer and when I have to pull my hair back there's not a definite line of demarcation from the grey. 

Good luck! 

Helen852
Honored Contributor

The bottom line is, if your hair is gray your roots will be gray;  It doesn't matter if you have black, brown, red, blond, highlighted, lowlighted, polka dot or whatever. I've tried it all.  I get my roots done every 3 weeks and by day 10, I have to use WOW on the new growth.

@I am still oxox

The color of you hair is lovely.

Honored Contributor

Thank you but  not to mention the acne a 62 and the horrible teeth I also inherieted.

Grey from Mom, Dad is over 90 and just started to grey, neither parnet had great teeth Smiley Happy

@Andreatoo wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have short dark brown hair, with about 40% grey, I color it every 3-4 weeks and hi light every 10-12 weeks. I am now considering doing a heavy hi light to mask the grey roots and limit myslef to one process. My hairdresser is ok with it.

Thoughts any one 

thanks 

4556A3DA-51BA-424F-9424-435FC8B34CE3.JPG.jpeg

@I am still oxox

Thick, full, hair AND eyebrows?? You hit the genetic jackpot lady!

Woman Wink

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

hi fun!!  Was looking forward to that part of chemo and hair----the few weeks after chemo when my hair was growing, it was curly and I loved it as my normal hair was stick straight and very fine. But as it grew out, it got stick straight, thinner and finer and then the gross color combo. But a small thing in the grand scheme of things, right? Are you doing well?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox, First this picture is not me..  I wouldn't dare post one of me- I'd be laughed out of here.  Anywho, my hair is all grey, white mostly so my stylist took me lighter and lighter blonde so the roots wouldn't be so obvious.  Now I've highlight and lowlights..  next trip to see her, going to get her to lowlight more around my face.. Mine is pretty much simiar to the picture.  

I really like the look.  I go every 4-6 wks..

• Image result for short grey hair turned blonde with highlights and lowlights

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach

Thank you I love this  Heart

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

• Image result for short grey hair turned blonde with highlights and lowlights

This is gorgeous. How do I get it?

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Suziepeach

Thank you I love this  Heart

@I am still oxox, you are more than welcome!!  It took a couple tries to get the right lowlight but I couldn't be happier with the look..  that blonde with highlights was making me look pale, if that makes any sense.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@lulu2, mine is short and really close to those colors..  I was darker blonde with highlights and my stylist did it the first time- I couldn't see any lowlights- so no charge- then I went back at like 5 weeks and she did a darker lowlight and that blended with all the colors.  Sure made a difference, like I said, that blonde was making me look pale/washed out and the lowlight really helped..  

Go VOLS