Honored Contributor

Re: Going for my first Brazilian next week...

@SilleeMeewrote:

I had all my hair lasered away down there several years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did. To tell you the truth, I feel so much cleaner since I did it.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Ditto...about 10yrs ago.

When I was debating if I should/shouldn’t, my BFF said,

‘Do you r.e.a.l.l.y want to be that lady in the nursing home

where the attendants hate taking you to the bathroom?‘ Ha.

I thought of it like a tattoo...can’t turn back.

Pricey...but yes, one of the best things I ever did. 

Legs, underarms, as well....

Honored Contributor

So what purpose does a brazilian serve???? Sounds horribly painful, very expensive and an invasion of very intimate privacy! And what if the procedure was botched ----not understanding this at all.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@HULAGIRLwrote:

@SurferWifewrote:

@HULAGIRL...Aloha! I’ve been getting brazilian’s for 10+ years. I’ve been getting professionally waxed (eyebrows, lip, chin, underarms, legs, bikini (pre-Brazilian days) for many more years than that (25+). It doesn’t bother me at all anymore, but this being your first time, I would recommend taking 2 aspirin prior to your visit. Wine will relax you, so if you need it, drink up sister! If your esthetician is good at her trade she will make it comfortable for you. Ask her if she has some numbing gel. You can do this! After a few visits it’s a piece of cake! Heck, getting my upper lip waxed is more painful than my Brazilian.

Good advice.....aspirin!!

@HULAGIRL  I thought aspirin could make you bleed...go w/ Tylenol & a clean towel to bite down on.

That's true about the aspirin; they recommend 2 Tylenol or 2 Advil an hour before because those 2 meds reach full effectiveness in an hour.  

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL-  What is the main reason you have decided to get this done? 

Honored Contributor

For those  who would prefer more privacy and save money do it yourself!

https://www.wikihow.com/Give-Yourself-a-Brazilian-Wax

Trusted Contributor

I suggest you purchase an Emjoi epilator for your legs.  I've been using mine for over 5 years and I don't have much hair left.  I have the Emagine Rechargeable which has 72 tweezers.

@Lucky Charmwrote:

I had my underarms done and it wasn't that bad. 

So I made and appointment for my bikini area.  It was quite a bit more painful, but I was determined.

Truth of the matter is, I never had to shave my underarms again (although I didn't have to ever shave them often).

Same for the bikini area.  One time and that's all she wrote.

Now my legs from the knees down are a whole nuther thing.

Everyone says that's one of the wonderful things about getting older.  You don't have to shave anymore or as much.

WRONG!

I have to shave my legs every day.  EVERY DAY!  From the knees down I cannot stand the least bit of growth.  I can't go to sleep, I literally have to get up out of bed and shave.  

So I'm not a good candidate for getting waxed or electrolysis on my legs because I couldn't let my hair grow in for it to be effective.

I hate shaving my legs every day.  When will it stop????

Good luck to you.  I have an unbelievably low tolerance for pain.  It's a shock.  A stunning shock down there and stings.  But if I had to do it all over again, I would.

My BFF is totally addicted to electrolysis.  She has had everything done and it's all gone now.  

My DIL had it done and I swear I think they gave her vicodan for pain.

Respected Contributor

I  understand laser is costly will you divulge the cost?  Did you have one or more treatments?  Did you have to go back after 6 months or later?  Were did you go?  A doctors office or laser spa

Honored Contributor

I have my underarms waxed once and they were red for a week, I will stick to my razoe

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@hendersonwrote:

I suggest you purchase an Emjoi epilator for your legs.  I've been using mine for over 5 years and I don't have much hair left.  I have the Emagine Rechargeable which has 72 tweezers.

@Lucky Charmwrote:

I had my underarms done and it wasn't that bad. 

So I made and appointment for my bikini area.  It was quite a bit more painful, but I was determined.

Truth of the matter is, I never had to shave my underarms again (although I didn't have to ever shave them often).

Same for the bikini area.  One time and that's all she wrote.

Now my legs from the knees down are a whole nuther thing.

Everyone says that's one of the wonderful things about getting older.  You don't have to shave anymore or as much.

WRONG!

I have to shave my legs every day.  EVERY DAY!  From the knees down I cannot stand the least bit of growth.  I can't go to sleep, I literally have to get up out of bed and shave.  

So I'm not a good candidate for getting waxed or electrolysis on my legs because I couldn't let my hair grow in for it to be effective.

I hate shaving my legs every day.  When will it stop????

Good luck to you.  I have an unbelievably low tolerance for pain.  It's a shock.  A stunning shock down there and stings.  But if I had to do it all over again, I would.

My BFF is totally addicted to electrolysis.  She has had everything done and it's all gone now.  

My DIL had it done and I swear I think they gave her vicodan for pain.

@henderson  My extra unwanted hair started disappearing w/ menopause. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaidenJust read those instructions. Holy cow! Looks like a human sacrifice! Passing on the DIY method. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.