Honored Contributor

Re: Going for my first Brazilian next week...

@I am still oxoxwrote:

Wax or hair process?

@I am still oxox My DD, the runner, often in short shorts, had herself “Yul Brennered” w/ the laser from neck to tip of toes! Took a year of going back for appts. every few months to zap the dormant follicles. She said very, very expensive, but never has to shave “anything” or any where again. Of course, saw her get in shower, she looks likes a 9 year old again.

Honored Contributor

@Irish1210wrote:

@HULAGIRL    Sounds great...............I would go if I had the encouragement of someone to go with me!!

What a way to start a friendship ~ Haha!!

Keep me posted, Pal ~ can't wait to hear how this goes for you : )

@Irish1210  I would think that’s when you take a beastie w/ you (or a birthing coach, your gyno nurse), someone who’s already seen your “bits”. No time to be embarrassed in front of 2 people. Lol

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRLwrote:

@SurferWifewrote:

@HULAGIRL...Aloha! I’ve been getting brazilian’s for 10+ years. I’ve been getting professionally waxed (eyebrows, lip, chin, underarms, legs, bikini (pre-Brazilian days) for many more years than that (25+). It doesn’t bother me at all anymore, but this being your first time, I would recommend taking 2 aspirin prior to your visit. Wine will relax you, so if you need it, drink up sister! If your esthetician is good at her trade she will make it comfortable for you. Ask her if she has some numbing gel. You can do this! After a few visits it’s a piece of cake! Heck, getting my upper lip waxed is more painful than my Brazilian.

Good advice.....aspirin!!

@HULAGIRL  I thought aspirin could make you bleed...go w/ Tylenol & a clean towel to bite down on.

Honored Contributor

I think all of you waxers must be way younger than me. A lot of my superfluous “fur” has diminished. Of course it showed backup on my chin.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,

I did the same as your DD.Woman Happy Total hair annihilation and actually it wasn't done so much for aesthetics but for comfort. Since I was diagnosed with scleroderma, holding on to a razor was nearly impossible and with my hardened skin it was difficult to deal with a razor. Epilating was just not for me. Hair regrowth on my scleroderma skin was so incredibly itchy I can't even begin to tell you how bad it was. Laser hair removal was the best thing I could do, although very expensive and involved lengthy treatments. But now I'm happy as a clamWoman WinkWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

@Shanus,

I did the same as your DD.Woman Happy Total hair annihilation and actually it wasn't done so much for aesthetics but for comfort. Since I was diagnosed with scleroderma, holding on to a razor was nearly impossible and with my hardened skin it was difficult to deal with a razor. Epilating was just not for me. Hair regrowth on my scleroderma skin was so incredibly itchy I can't even begin to tell you how bad it was. Laser hair removal was the best thing I could do, although very expensive and involved lengthy treatments. But now I'm happy as a clamWoman WinkWoman LOL

@SilleeMee  Sorry you have that condition. My aunt, who is my age, has that and am familiar w/ the complications and adjustments she must make. I assumed you did it for vanity only.

Honored Contributor

I part ways with the pain reliever advice as most are blood thinners and you are more prone to ugly bruising if you do that, which will ruin your waxed look.  But other than that I agree with using the European Was Method/Hard Wax and timing on the month.

You want to make sure the tech uses a small disposable cup of wax for you with a million craft sticks/tongue depressors, only dipping the stick in the wax one time.  If should look like a drunked craft project when she's done.

Personally, I would start with a bikini first and then graduate to a Brazillian.

I have been having this done so long I am numb from the waist down.  My esthetician is amazing, she does very small patches and she is lightening fast.  It's over before you know it.

Good luck!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

After care -

I am told by my estheticians that because of the hot wax, your pores are wide open for about 48 hours, so they recommend you don't go in the pool, ocean or hot tub.

You will want to exfoliate and moisturize the area every day to keep from getting ingrown hairs.  I use a Salux cloth and CeraVa Cream.

If you are prone to yeast infections or UTIs or have pH issues, you should ask them not to spray you after with scented oil.  Almond Oil is fine, but some mix in essential oils and I have a lot of allergies to botanicals, so I make them skip this step.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  I'd love to do this too(lasering). I am SURE it beats buying the right razors for this area (1) that do a great job (2).  These razors are expensive and I only use each one twice. Yes, clean and neat, love it.

Respected Contributor

If your gal is good it will over and done with before you realize what is going on.

She will work in tiny sections and as others have said there is no double dipping so there will be a huge pile of tongue depressors when she is done.

Mine gal also hand trims and finishes by hand tweezing any stray hairs.