Respected Contributor

Re: Going for my first Brazilian next week...

I bet the forum mods are chuckling at this thread.....😉

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL...I’ve also had sugaring done & it is more gentle than waxing, but I’m sure your esthetician will be using hard wax and that is also more gentle than regular wax.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@HULAGIRL You've inspired me.......going to look into this  : )

Respected Contributor

@SurferWifewrote:

@HULAGIRL...I’ve also had sugaring done & it is more gentle than waxing, but I’m sure your esthetician will be using hard wax and that is also more gentle than regular wax.

i do think I’m going to do the wax....it will delay the stubble thing!

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRLwrote:

Any tips??  (Besides a few glasses of wine before the appt.)

@HULAGIRL  I did it once....just once! They heard me scream in the next county. Guess I have  low pain tolerance. Woman in the next room didn’t mind a bit...not a peep. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@HULAGIRLwrote:

Any tips??  (Besides a few glasses of wine before the appt.)

@HULAGIRL  I did it once....just once! They heard me scream in the next county. Guess I have  low pain tolerance. Woman in the next room didn’t mind a bit...not a peep. 

I can take the pain, but I might “accidentally” swear!   Sometimes when you hit your funny bone or stub your toe only a swear word will make it feel better.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWifeI give up! What's the difference of hard wax vs. regular wax? This thread has piqued my interest. Have often thought about it, but never really inquired or read up on it. Do costs vary for different waxing methods? (I feel so naive.) 

Seems like the laser would be a good option. Once theatments are done, never again. I'm all for that idea. Costs?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady   Excellent questions........................I'm curious, too!!

Honored Contributor

I had my underarms done and it wasn't that bad. 

So I made and appointment for my bikini area.  It was quite a bit more painful, but I was determined.

Truth of the matter is, I never had to shave my underarms again (although I didn't have to ever shave them often).

Same for the bikini area.  One time and that's all she wrote.

Now my legs from the knees down are a whole nuther thing.

Everyone says that's one of the wonderful things about getting older.  You don't have to shave anymore or as much.

WRONG!

I have to shave my legs every day.  EVERY DAY!  From the knees down I cannot stand the least bit of growth.  I can't go to sleep, I literally have to get up out of bed and shave.  

So I'm not a good candidate for getting waxed or electrolysis on my legs because I couldn't let my hair grow in for it to be effective.

I hate shaving my legs every day.  When will it stop????

Good luck to you.  I have an unbelievably low tolerance for pain.  It's a shock.  A stunning shock down there and stings.  But if I had to do it all over again, I would.

My BFF is totally addicted to electrolysis.  She has had everything done and it's all gone now.  

My DIL had it done and I swear I think they gave her vicodan for pain.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady...Hard was doesn’t require strips to remove. That’s basically it. You could probably Google it to get. More thorough technical answer. No hair removal process is permanent, not even laser. Even with waxing, because I’ve had it done for so many years, my hair does not grow back, especially on my legs. My esthetician will find a few random hairs (I go regularly every 8 weeks). I’ve. Ever tried laser Hair removal but I’ve heard it’s super painful I don’t do well with pain. For me, waxing isn’t painful, UNLESS it’s the week before my period. We are all more sensitive then.

@HULAGIRL...one more thing...always schedule your appointment 1-2 weeks AFTER your period. You’re much less sensitive then...TRUST ME ON THAT ONE, SISTER!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.