Honored Contributor

It's been a while since my last cut because I wanted my hair to grow so today I want to tell her not too short.  You know how some stylists like to cut shorter than they should?  Wish me luck.  All I want is long bangs and hair tucked behind the ears (I wear it in a short style).  Plus it's ony $50 compare to $65 by some stylists.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Going for a Haircut Today

@Katcat1   Hope your stylist does well because it's hard to find one who is less expensive than others nearby and still is talented with those scissors.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Stay on top of it....it has taken me years and I am still in the process of recouping from an over zealous unconscious stylist.  I said trim it 1/4"....she lopped off my hair that was well below shoulder length (all one length) that I carefully worked on for decades....down to the root 1/4".  I'm sure you will be fine because you are already on top of the possibilities.  Have fun and enjoy your "trim".

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It's been a while since my last cut because I wanted my hair to grow so today I want to tell her not too short.  You know how some stylists like to cut shorter than they should?  Wish me luck.  All I want is long bangs and hair tucked behind the ears (I wear it in a short style).  Plus it's ony $50 compare to $65 by some stylists.

@Katcat1  - I would use the word "trim" not "cut" when you go in.  They mean two different things.  Also specify 1/4" for how much you want off.  Speaking from experience when too much has been taken off....  Good luck and let us know how you do.

Honored Contributor

My stylist and I are on the same page. When I say slight trim, she gets it just right. If my Bob is too short my round face looks even worse.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I'm sure you were horrified...I am just reading about it.

How in the world did you manage hair THAT short?

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Stay on top of it....it has taken me years and I am still in the process of recouping from an over zealous unconscious stylist.  I said trim it 1/4"....she lopped off my hair that was well below shoulder length (all one length) that I carefully worked on for decades....down to the root 1/4".  I'm sure you will be fine because you are already on top of the possibilities.  Have fun and enjoy your "trim".

@phoenixbrd  - Your hair was below your shoulders and you asked for a trim of 1/4 of an inch and she ended up giving you a buzz cut with hair 1/4 of an inch long?  How did that happen?  

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@phoenixbrd  - Your hair was below your shoulders and you asked for a trim of 1/4 of an inch and she ended up giving you a buzz cut with hair 1/4 of an inch long?  How did that happen?  

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe the stylist heard 1/4 and thought that's how long she wanted it vs. how much cut off.  How incredibly upsetting! 

Respected Contributor

Best wishes !!  THey always cut shorter than I ask- It's happened countless times. I'm done with all of them.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe the stylist heard 1/4 and thought that's how long she wanted it vs. how much cut off.  How incredibly upsetting! 

@Wsmom  - Couldn't she see that she was getting buzzed and stopped her before it was buzzed off?