Respected Contributor

I couldn't believe this. My browser news page telling that Kim Kardashian is blonde again.

So, since this is beauty banter, I am going to banter. I don't like it. She did it before and I thought it was unattractive. Do I care? Not really!!

In general, I don't know why people who have sort of a signature beauty make themselves look worse!! I guess I have never had the urge to be blonde since I have dark hair. I don't get it. Is it to change for the sake of it?

Like Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts who can pull off stunning red hair - then they go blonde. WHAT? Few people can pull off a great redhead look unless it's natural.

THAT I could do since my natural color is 1/2 brunette and 1/2 red!

Is Kim K. trying to look like Beyonce?

I guess some answers could be, well, it's their hair and they can change it - true.

Or maybe, why do I care? I don't. Just commenting!!

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

It's a WIG combined with EXTENSIONS.

Google it.

Respected Contributor
Her Svengali otherwise known as Kanye may be behind it. The goal is to stay in the news and social media on a daily basis. I predict Kim will soon have a foundation to help third world children, lots of sympathetic photo ops.
Honored Contributor

Changing your hair color is fine. Changing it to something that doesn't go with your skin tone is nuts.

Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 chessylady said: Her Svengali otherwise known as Kanye may be behind it. The goal is to stay in the news and social media on a daily basis. I predict Kim will soon have a foundation to help third world children, lots of sympathetic photo ops.

I believe she has a not for profit foundation but there has been some past controversy about the % of monies donated that actually make it to the people to be served by the foundation. I would not give this publicity hound the time of day.

Super Contributor

Has to be a wig...it looks so odd. She is meant to be a brunette.

Esteemed Contributor

Nicole Kidman looks terrible as a blonde. It completely washes her out. Red hair, IMO, makes her beautiful porcelain skin appear radiant.

I feel the same way about Lindsay Lohan. She looks just awful as a blonde but red hair looks SO good on her. Perhaps because she is a natural redhead. I have seen her with brunette hair and she looked well in that also. But blonde, no!

As to Kim K., she looks much, much better as a brunette.

Now Emma Stone, Olivia Wilde, Katy Perry, Dita Von Teese and Sofia Vagara are all apparently natural blondes. I think they all look better with their adopted red and brunette tones, especially Emma Stone.

(edited)

Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 depglass said:

Changing your hair color is fine. Changing it to something that doesn't go with your skin tone is nuts.

Yeah, people got what I meant without chastising me!

It doesn't go with her overall coloring.

Maybe Kanye likes the combo of Kim and Beyonce.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

Hyacinth:

I have a question with absolutely NO SNARK intended: What is the fascination with the Kardashiens? I honestly don't get it.