Valued Contributor

Re: Goat Milk Soap On a Budget...Fantastic Soap

Has anyone tried Zum? I see they have some good Try Me kits on the website.

Trusted Contributor

Love love love Goat Milk Stuff.  The Jonas Family runs the business located in Southern Indiana.  There are 8 kids and they all work in the business.  They are a lovely hard working family and I would support them anyday over those Beekman charlatans.  Their products are pure and frankly wonderful.  They also have awesome customer service.  this business is totally worthy of your support.  Please chaeck them out. 

Respected Contributor

I also have bought, used and enjoyed products from Goat Milk Stuff.  AND I buy, use and enjoy the Beekman 1802 line.  The bars of soap are triple-milled which does make them last longer than soap from Goat Milk Stuff.  I respectfully disagree that the Beekman line is run by charlatans.  Both businesses have their own niche; there should be room for all. 

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

There are ingredients in there that are not good. At Goat Milk Stuff you get goat milk as the first ingredient. I learned about this brand right here and never looked back. Their ingredients: (and this is just an example of one of their soaps)

Almond Goat Milk Soap

Goat Milk Soap Ingredients: Raw goat milk; Saponified natural fats, coconut oil, sunflower oil; Almond essential oil; Cocoa powder.

As for the Canus brand?

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, FRESH GOAT'S MILK/Caprae Lac, Palm Kernel Acid, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasolium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide.

You choose!

@Judaline 

How is the Goat Milk Stuff at removing makeup?

I'm sorry I don't know. I've always heard never wash your face with soap and I never have! But given the ingredients, I wouldn't be afraid to. They have a shampoo bar they say can be used on the body, so they seem pretty versatile. Get half a bar and try it?

@Judaline 

Yes, I've always heard the same about not using soap on your face and I don't.  I just wondered if this would be an exception because of the goat milk.  Thank you so much for the ingredient comparisons and for your reply.  I live in a very dry climate and winter is here so I'm going to go order from Goat Milk Stuff now.  Thanks again.

Regular Contributor

I live in Dover, Ohio. Purchased the goat milk soap at BUEHLERS grocery store. It can be found on line. Not sure of any other stores that carry it.

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@lindseyemmie  Per your recommendation, I just ordered it from Amazon.  In winter, especially, I have dry skin and have been looking for a good soap to address the dry skin problem.  

Thanks for posting this.  Will post an update when I try it..Smiley Happy

@lindseyemmie   Update:  I ordered one bar of this soap and found it to be everything you stated!  I have since ordered 4 more bars and will continue to use it.  I love how soft it makes my skin feel.  My hands seem to suffer the most dryness, especially in winter, but using this soap has made a noticible difference in much less dryness and softer hands.  The price is especially reasonable as well.   Thanks for recommending it.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Super Contributor

I love Goat Milk Stuff!  I bought Beekman a couple years, before I tried Goat Milk Stuff.  Someone recommended on this board.  Love their soap.  I still buy Beekman for gifts, pretty packing.  If anyone has pets, buy the Goat Milk Stuff bar for pets.  It is out of this world!  Makes my dog and cats fur awsome, and white.  Really easy to rinse too!

Trusted Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Has anyone tried Zum? I see they have some good Try Me kits on the website.

I haven't tried their soaps yet.

There is a supermarket in our area that sells many of their products, including their body mists made with essential oils.

I have some of those and they are some of my favorite fragrances. They come in larger-sized spray bottles, are long-lasting and they smell great, too.

I have the lavender and lemon and the frankincense and myrrh. 

Frequent Contributor

I have been using the soap from Silly Goats Soap Company. Here is some information:

Note: In a never ending quest to be more environmental friendly our soap wrappers are made with biodegradable paper and we also use a 100% biodegradable food-safe shrink wrap film called Biolefin. Protecting your products, preserving our planet!                                                                                                                   

All Natural Ingredients: Fresh Goat’s Milk; Saponified  Olive Oil.  

Our Bar of Castile soap is a 4.5oz bar

They have one heck of a collection and never dries my skin out. Check them out.

Super Contributor

@Just4Me I'm also a fan of Silly Goats Soap Company!  I love the limited ingredient lists for their products.  They used to live in my area and I've met them many times at craft fairs.  They recently moved to Kentucky for the milder winters.  Don't blame them, I'll be soon to follow!  

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~