Valued Contributor

'Goat' Milk? 'Donkey' Milk? .. for Cosmetics?

Hmm, I'm a "City Girl"...

.. so, ...why prefer "milk fr the Goat" ... vs "milk fr the Donkey?" ..  for washing? .. or treatment?

... I see at least two brands that prize themselves on their particular animal's milk.  So, is one particular "animal's milk" better than the "other animal's milk?" ...   (any better than a non-animal product)??

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

Re: 'Goat' Milk? 'Donkey' Milk? .. for Cosmetics?

@TwinkleBell    YOU try and milk a donkey then report back with the outcome, if you're able.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell Such a joke.  I find these products just plain silly and a way to make you think they are some miracle performers and life changers.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TwinkleBell    YOU try and milk a donkey then report back with the outcome, if you're able.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

@Kachina624 

Well, unless I'm misunderstanding,   *someone* milked a Donkey in order to sell the "donkey milk" products on HSN  -->  < LINK >

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

Yes, donkey milk.  It has many benefits over other animal milk but is used more often in cosmetic/skincare for its antibacterial, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. As far as other animal milks just google and see the comparisons.  I mention donkeys because I have mini donkeys that I love.
And, yes, I have milked donkeys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Goat milk soap, was great from a craft shop in TN I got one time.

One time my husband was trying to tell me something about goat milk and I thought he said "ghost milk".  LOL, couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck he was talking about.  LOL.  

We're kind of like the paper cartoon of "Pickles".  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think milk in skin care is a joke at all. If I didn't mind the smell of powdered milk, I would use that all the time for my facial cleanser.

Remember how Mammy bathed the O'Hara girls in buttermilk? Milk really does soften the skin.

Honored Contributor

I still prefer that my skin care is made from plant derived products, I dont buy skin care with animal products in them. 

Years ago Connie Stevens line had animal proteins listed on the ingredients, never bought them either. 

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy 

I mention donkeys because I have mini donkeys that I love.

I have wanted a donkey for a couple of years!  I thought surely I'd get one for my birthday this year.  No donkey for me.  My husband said they would kill our dogs.

Honored Contributor

I love the smell of powdered milk.  My mother has been using it on her face for decades.  I would add it to my grandbabies' bath water (and let my grandson eat some of it).  I'd add it to my routine but I already but I use so much as it is...unless I wanted to wash with it instead of Tatcha and Naturium.  Or use it in place of Tatcha Rice Powder.  I better leave well enough alone.