Honored Contributor

Re: Goat Milk And Now .... Donkey Milk

@Mary Bailey wrote:

whatever....

I love Korres. I bought the single donkey milk.  I liked it enough to buy the dual pack.  so whatever

to each there own  No judgement...keep calm. live on & carry on

No judgement here.  Whatever.

Honored Contributor

I would just as soon have that as anything coming from goats, which are awfully nasty and smell terrible.

Trusted Contributor

not sure why you needed to call people buying this product gullible..... 

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Korean culture has become famous for its attention to skin care.

Korean beauty brands can feature some interesting packaging and ingredients.

Just when we had gotten used to the idea of sea kelp, bee venom, pig collagen, and even snail slime in our products, the Korean beauty industry threw us a curveball: donkey milk.

Yep, those sheet masks and creams you're going to start to see everywhere are really made from milk from a real-life donkey.

Why would anyone choose to put milk from a donkey on their face? The skin benefits, of course. Donkey milk is so gentle that it's been used as a substitute for breast milk for infants.

According to the International Dairy Journal, it's tolerated by 90 percent of infants with food allergies. That's comforting in an ingredient you're going to apply to your face.

Donkey milk is hydrating and has four times the amount of vitamin C than cow's milk. The many vitamins, proteins, minerals, and essential fatty acids make this ingredient a potent and effective one for your skin. It's hydrating and brightening, and it's believed to help with eczema, acne, and psoriasis.

With all these benefits, why shouldn't we be putting this all over our faces?

Cleopatra is known for her incredible beauty and is said to have taken milk baths. According to legend, it took at least 700 farmed donkeys for her daily milk baths. If it's good enough for the Queen of the Nile, it's good enough for us.

BUT HARD PASS FOR ME.

Are these the same people who eat dogs?

Respected Contributor

Here is the ingredient deck from the Korres 2-pack of Donkey Milk Miracle Serum:

AQUA/WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE,CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYLSTEARATE, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, PRUNUSAMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICEPOWDER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUMACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,CARBOMER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, DISTARCH PHOSPHATE, DONKEY MILK,GLYCERYL STEARATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL,IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT, LACTIC ACID, PANTHENOL,POLYGLYCERYL-3 CAPRYLATE, SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETA-GLUCAN,SODIUM PHYTATE, TOCOPHEROL, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE.

Even Beekman gives its goat milk higher prominence. This is more a shea butter and olive oil serum with a whisper of donkey milk, to paraphrase a cat food description.

Respected Contributor

Just like cows, you have to keep the Donkey pregnant in order to keep milk coming in so now they are going to start over breeding Donkey's for beauty products??
And, what happens when she has a male that is useless for their production, I would be interested in knowing where these Donkey's are being raised, US or outside the US and how these animals are being treated.

Call me crazy but I DO CARE where my products come from, just what we need is over breeding of another animal!!

Respected Contributor

I don't find using donkey milk funny.  I have used the donkey milk and like it enough to reorder.  Feels better on my skin than a lot of other products.  Each is entitled to their own opinion.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

What about the kangaroo paw in Dimitri's new foundation?

I know it is plant derived, but I like the name!

I was tempted to try his foundation, even though I don't wear any! I would try the Korres, too, if I were searching for something.

Trusted Contributor

I don't consider myself to be "gullible". I watched Korres for months when they would sell the Donkey Milk Serum. Each time it was on, it would sell out. I ordered it, tried it daily and have really been impressed with it. The serum currently has 144 5 star glowing reviews so I guess I'm in good company of people who tried it and are liking it.

I appreciate that it's a large bottle 6.76 ounces and is often on sale plus free shipping. Those interested can try it and see if it works for them. There is currently a sale on a duo of it. I considered buying it but already have 1 backup at home when I use up my current bottle. 

To those who have already posted that they are also enjoying it, thank you for sharing your opinions Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I'll reserve my opinion about donkey milk effects. I'd just like to hang out with Mr. Cool donkey in the sunglasses.  

That pic reminds me of my playmate, rescue burro I had as a child. He was adorable, but a real character. 

They are extremely smart, hold grudges, if mishandled, and have strong bonds with their person.

So, it goes without saying, I would not be happy if they were abused, or exploited.