Regular Contributor

Re: Go grey or keep dying???

It's a very pretty style. Not short. Looks classy and chic. 

Respected Contributor

My Oncologist feels that 5 years is appropriate for me.  I had Stage 1 and radiation.  No problems with the Tamo except for it is doing a number on my hair.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

My hair (like my Dad's) turned snow white by the time I was 35 years of age.  Never had any wish to change it, and get more compliments than I can count.  Always have.  I'm in my 80's now

and still perfectly happy with the color God picked for me.   And I feel so sad when I see older women dying their hair until it's so thin they're almost bald.  What a silly waste. They don't look any younger - just paranoid.  Dyed hair only makas them look older than they really are. Just MHO, of course.

First of all, plenty of women have both gray and thinned-out hair. Second of all, no need to insult women who don't do as you do.

It's comments like this that turn a friendly thread into a needless debate. Each to his own; I respect others' choices and would like that to be reciprocal.

Well said @suzyQ3.

For every person perkup sees with a bad dye job, there is a woman with unattractive or barely there gray hair.

It's such a personal decision and there is no right or wrong about it. To make such insulting, sweeping generalizations is nothing less than just rude.

Respected Contributor

Anything's better than "dying"! (Sorry... couldn't resist.Smiley Very Happy)

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I cut my hair short and went salt & pepper in my mid 50's and never looked back.  I love it.  My hair is healthy, shiny and you can also use shampoos to take out any yellow casts.  I was sick of coloring my hair and I wanted to see who I was and not hiding behind coloring my hair but that is my personal journey.  I actually receive compliments on my hair color at the beauty salon.  Cat HappyHeart  P.S.  When women wear their hair long the long hair pulls at the scalp and women that do not have thick hair find the hair to thin terribly in their 50s or 60s.  Short/medium size layers should help you out.  Also, try Aquage thickening spray gel (I use it all the time) and it thickens the hair without buildup.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess  You Silver Fox.  It looks like you have thick hair.  I am happy with salt & pepper and free of that bottle of color.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@OKPrincess  You Silver Fox.  It looks like you have thick hair.  I am happy with salt & pepper and free of that bottle of color.  

I will like it I’m sure. I’m just like everyone else trying to get a good cut. The crown is thin and the bangs are thick IMO but I’m going to play with it tomorrow.

DH says he still sees some blonde in my hair so I’ll be glad when that’s all gone.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess LOVE your hair!  It's fantastic.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@OKPrincess LOVE your hair!  It's fantastic.

Thank you. It’s a work in progress. I have found gray hair has a mind of its own. 👵🏼