Contributor

Glycolic Acid and Copper Peptide

Dr. Oz had a derm on talking about the importance of Glycolic Acid and Copper Peptide serum.  I already use a Glycolic Cleanser and am interested in adding a Copper Peptide Serum.  Seems to be quite a few available.  I would love some feedback about which ones you are using to help get me started.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Glycolic Acid and Copper Peptide

@danielsl wrote:

Dr. Oz had a derm on talking about the importance of Glycolic Acid and Copper Peptide serum.  I already use a Glycolic Cleanser and am interested in adding a Copper Peptide Serum.  Seems to be quite a few available.  I would love some feedback about which ones you are using to help get me started.  Thank you!

@danielsl  I did not see the program, but I would venture to guess the derm was suggesting a glycolic treatment product.  In reality, I wouldn't rely on a glycolic cleanser to be effective in that regard because you have it on your face for a minute and then it's rinsed off.  What long term benefit could that provide?  You need something like an AHA treatment, which there are several out there.  An inexpensive, yet very effective, line is Alpha Hydrox.  They've been around for a very long time (I became familiar with them in the early 70's).  Check out their website and start with the lowest strength available.  They have a 10% product in a  cream, lotion, or gel.  You already asked for recommendations on a Copper Peptide serum in another thread, which I have already answered.  If you are only using a Copper Peptide Serum and AHA treatment in your routine, use the Copper Peptide in the AM and the AHA in the PM.  If you are also using a Vitamin C serum or a Retinoid, that changes things.  Certain things should not be layered or used at the same time, some are recommended specifically for at night.  It would be helpful to know exactly what you're using in order to make a proper recommendation.

Respected Contributor

Re: Glycolic Acid and Copper Peptide

[ Edited ]

i use glycolic acid complex by asdm and it is to die for.  but, that's another story.

i put it on a clean face and leave on overnight, as it should be and rinse in the am.  i either use vitam c or copper p in the am.  i would never put the copper p under the glycolic acid because it is an acid and i'm sure it would interfere with how it works

in other words, your acid should be on a clean face.

@danielsl