Honored Contributor

Renewal Body lotion, 12% glycolic AHA.  Is it safe to use this on the face?  I have a bottle...and am trying to rid my face of the dry, flakey skin that I can see in my 10x mirror.  It's not a medical condition, I have seen a dermatologist.

thanks.

Super Contributor

Google is a great resource.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

You could use it on your face, why not? I have, no problems. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee thanks...I am hoping it helps those darn flakes on my face.

I tried vaseline, but that did not work, and I have also eliminated a daily scrub that I used.  For the life of me I don't know where the flaky skin is coming from.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Do you use Retin-A? Change to a milder cleanser and avoid using hot or very warm water. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I do not use Retin A, and I use cetaphil on my face.  While I like really warm water I know that is a no-no.

Honored Contributor

I've been using 12% AHA on my face for years.  I also use Cetaphil.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Renewal Body lotion, 12% glycolic AHA.  Is it safe to use this on the face?  I have a bottle...and am trying to rid my face of the dry, flakey skin that I can see in my 10x mirror.  It's not a medical condition, I have seen a dermatologist.

thanks.

@Mom2Dogs   It's good that your derm examined the flaking and dismissed it as not being a medical condition. That said, my advice is don't add any new skincare/makeup until it disappears or lessens. Whoever decided we all need to examine ourselves 10X mirror. Tweezing brows, maybe...other issues, back away from high magnification. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus ...the issue has been long standing.  I don't use the 10x mirrror to examine my skin...I cannot see to apply make up with out it!  I have quit using my  daily scrub product, don't over scrub when washing, I use cetaphil daily.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus ...the issue has been long standing.  I don't use the 10x mirrror to examine my skin...I cannot see to apply make up with out it!  I have quit using my  daily scrub product, don't over scrub when washing, I use cetaphil daily.

@Mom2Dogs  Personally, my next step would be a second opinion from your internist just to be sure you're not dealing with anything internal (thyroid, hormonal, etc.). If that's a clear report, begin by eliminating all skincare except your Cetaphil. After a few weeks, introduce one mild moisturizer or other cream you'd been using. No reaction after a few weeks, try another. The idea is if nothing changes or gets worse, it may just be environmental...dry air/dry skin, etc., allergies to pollen, etc.