Honored Contributor

Pure glycerin would be sticky, wouldn't it? Think of the texture and feel of a glycerin soap bar.

But a spray with water makes sense to me.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Many vitamin C serums (l-ascorbic type) feel a little sticky on the skin b/c they contain glycerin to help keep the VC from oxidizing. That's how I use to make my diy VC serums, with glycerin.

Honored Contributor

OK, I bought some glycerin yesterday and used it last night.  Not sure of the order in which to apply it tho.  Since it's taking the place of HA, I used it after my toner.  Toner was first after washing and using the Tatcha Rice Polish. When using HA, I apply it to a wet/damp face that I've just sprayed with an essence.  I applied the glycerin to a wet face too.  Do I need to do that?  I can't see that it would hurt anything. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

OK, I bought some glycerin yesterday and used it last night.  Not sure of the order in which to apply it tho.  Since it's taking the place of HA, I used it after my toner.  Toner was first after washing and using the Tatcha Rice Polish. When using HA, I apply it to a wet/damp face that I've just sprayed with an essence.  I applied the glycerin to a wet face too.  Do I need to do that?  I can't see that it would hurt anything. 

@monicakm 

Treat glycerin like you would a moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

OK, I'll do the spray bottle.  I just used it like I do snail snot.  Put some in the palm of my hands, rubbed them together and applied to my face.  It's a little sticky but no more than snail snot Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a beauty fridge in a bathroom closet.  I can make it up and store it there.  Could I mix the glycerin with my Missha essence?

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener 

That's where I got mine. 

Honored Contributor

90% of everything I put on my face is for hydration.  I can't wait to mix it with water, keep it in the fridge and use it thru out the day Smiley Happy  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

My moisturizer is the 2nd to the last thing I put  on.  The last being Marula Oil to lock in everything.  Is Glycerin replacing my moisturizer?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

My moisturizer is the 2nd to the last thing I put  on.  The last being Marula Oil to lock in everything.  Is Glycerin replacing my moisturizer?

@monicakm 

Glycerin could replace your moisturizer and that way eliminate a step in your routine. It's part of the ingredients in most lotions and creams anyway.