Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,147
Registered: ‎03-19-2010
NAY! The needles do not “penetrate” deep enough. There is a thread I bumped up with lots of good information On dermarolling and dermarollers. I had it when they present the Glo Pro and the Vendor is rolling the roller on a face of make up. That’s a real No No! They need to explain in greater detail what exactly one needs to do before and afterwards. 😱
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,200
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Where would be a good place to get a good micro needle device with the right needle length?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,664
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

@isaboo wrote:

Where would be a good place to get a good micro needle device with the right needle length?


 

 

If you have never done this before then I would suggest having a rolling session done by a professional first, ask questions when you go there and then maybe inquire about a device while you are there.  Otherwise, I would start by getting a book about the subject and get informed about how to roll in a safe and effective way. Once you have learned the correct way of doing it then buying the right kind of roller for your needs will be somewhat easier. There are different kinds of rollers, not only in needle lengths but also the materials they are made of as well as their overall shape. The shape of the handle and head are important because the shape can determine how well you can hold and roll. Once you read about it then you'll understand. 

 

If you want my advice about a book or devices then just ask. I'll try my best to help you.Woman Happy @isaboo

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,997
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

@isaboo wrote:

Where would be a good place to get a good micro needle device with the right needle length?


 

 

If you have never done this before then I would suggest having a rolling session done by a professional first, ask questions when you go there and then maybe inquire about a device while you are there.  Otherwise, I would start by getting a book about the subject and get informed about how to roll in a safe and effective way. Once you have learned the correct way of doing it then buying the right kind of roller for your needs will be somewhat easier. There are different kinds of rollers, not only in needle lengths but also the materials they are made of as well as their overall shape. The shape of the handle and head are important because the shape can determine how well you can hold and roll. Once you read about it then you'll understand. 

 

If you want my advice about a book or devices then just ask. I'll try my best to help you.Woman Happy @isaboo


@SilleeMee

 

In what you have learned, is it truly helpful in getting products deeper into the skin?

 

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,147
Registered: ‎03-19-2010
🥰
Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,664
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

@hyacinth003 wrote:


@SilleeMee

 

In what you have learned, is it truly helpful in getting products deeper into the skin?

 

Hyacinth


 

 

Certain active products work better if they are absorbed into the skin. However, using a microneedle that is meant for collagen induction (0.5mm) is not what I would recommend to make skin care products go deeper. Exfoliation, otoh, seems more appropriate for effective absorption. As you probably already know, exfoliation can be achieved in a number of ways and one way is to use a microneedle that is shorter than 0.5mm...a popular size is 0.25mm.

 

 I do not use anything on my skin after using a 0.5mm roller. The reasons why include risks for infection and irritation. I do not use a .25mm roller for exfoliation but it is a method to consider if you desire and with this kind of rolling, it's perfectly fine to apply most skin care products. @hyacinth003

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,200
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

@isaboo wrote:

Where would be a good place to get a good micro needle device with the right needle length?


 

 

If you have never done this before then I would suggest having a rolling session done by a professional first, ask questions when you go there and then maybe inquire about a device while you are there.  Otherwise, I would start by getting a book about the subject and get informed about how to roll in a safe and effective way. Once you have learned the correct way of doing it then buying the right kind of roller for your needs will be somewhat easier. There are different kinds of rollers, not only in needle lengths but also the materials they are made of as well as their overall shape. The shape of the handle and head are important because the shape can determine how well you can hold and roll. Once you read about it then you'll understand. 

 

If you want my advice about a book or devices then just ask. I'll try my best to help you.Woman Happy @isaboo


 

         Thank you Sillee Mee, that is a good suggestion.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

This is one of those products that makes me shudder. Who knows what the long term effects on the skin will be from something like this.  This seems like all kinds of a bad idea. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,056
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

It seems like I've read more 'nays' than 'yays'...on this thread.  However, I would like to vote "YAY''!   I tried it for the first time last night and found it to do just as expected, with a slight redness after the treatment.  I immediately put on my night time creams and pretty sure I could see a difference this morning. ( I have a 8x Floxite mirror so I look closely, on a regular basis).  I will be keeping the GloPro with great expectations of good things to come.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 953
Registered: ‎04-20-2010

I ordered this product and I can tell you it definitely feels like needles sticking in your skin.  I'm not sure I could tolerate longer needles.  I even felt stinging when following up with some of my regular skincare.