Contributor

I did purchase the GloPro for I believe around $149. It came in the carrying case with a small spray bottle for alcohol. I had previously used a "manual" microneedling tool that was $35 and was not battery operated, just hold it in your hand and roll. I should have asked this question before I spent $149, but what does this GloPro do differently?

The red led light really does nothing from what I've read and I am still manually rolling it over my face. Replacement heads are $35, same cost as replacing my old manual one. The GloPro gets some great reviews so perhaps as I said I am missing something here.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GloPro - Did I need this?

I bought one last year & returned it.I then bought the manual  roller set by Serious Skin Care.The rollers are stainless & never have to be replaced.I paid $40 for it. It came with rollers for forehead,lips, body etc.

It was a great deal. It works just as good as Glo Pro without the fanciness & fluff.

Super Contributor

I agree. Return it. It's a scam. I bought a manual one off of Amazon for $25 and it's done a great job.

Honored Contributor

Rolling is rolling. The GP just has some gimmicks attached...the red light and vibration...which don't do a darn thing. Any good quality roller needs to be replaced eventually. They do not last forever. Needles get dull and some faster than others depending on the type of metal used in the needles. I've been rolling for over ten years. I know what I'm talking about. One good thing about GP rollers is they have stainless steel needles and those are better than titanium needles because of various reasons which I won't go into unless someone here needs to know....just ask.Woman Happy

Contributor

Thanks so much for the confirmation I am a dummy. LOL. I can’t return it now, too late. But I have learned a good lesson. I appreciate the responses and will ask questions first and buy second or not at all.
Honored Contributor

@bluecrab33 

I don't think you are 'a dummy'. It seems you just got sucked into the hype. We all do that from time to time. The GP tool is a good tool. It just cost too much imo.

Respected Contributor

I have the GlowPro and I like it very much.  I bought it knowing it was "overpriced"  but I put that in quotes because I really like the way it came in the case with all the accessories including the eye attachement, pads, sprayer and plastic covers.  So it was worth it to me.  It looks pretty and feels fancy with the rose gold finish.  Sometimes you just want to splurge for the heck of it, no shame in that.

Contributor

I wish I had the money in the bank I’ve spent on overpriced skin care. It is an addiction I think. I remember in my much younger days working at Saks Fifth Avenue, my first exposure to the world of high end skin care lines, I was hooked.

This forum is really an eye opener. I’ve learned a lot here. Except for a few lapses in judgment here and
there those days are over!
Super Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have the GlowPro and I like it very much.  I bought it knowing it was "overpriced"  but I put that in quotes because I really like the way it came in the case with all the accessories including the eye attachement, pads, sprayer and plastic covers.  So it was worth it to me.  It looks pretty and feels fancy with the rose gold finish.  Sometimes you just want to splurge for the heck of it, no shame in that.

I dont regret it and use mine nightly; 1 minutes a day!

Contributor

Glad I found this thread!  I just got my Glopro and have used it twice, face and neck.  First time, all good.  Second time, my neck was a dry itchy mess.  I used Estée Lauder Night Recovery both times.  Got up in the middle of the night to put on moisturizer and I think the lines are worse!  I’m almost 65 with relatively shallow creases.  Please tell me this is going to work and I didn’t just waste $150.  I know it’s just been twice but I need to know I’ll see results in a month or so.  I really bought it for my neck.  Thanks much!