Trusted Contributor

I've read many people, including some from here,  are using the body attachment as their face roller instead. It's needle are a bit longer at .5mm vs face's .3mm. They say their results are much better.

Anyone seeing those results as well if you're also using the body for face?

p.s. Beautybio has never mention you could, or should do this. many regular microneedling are .5mm.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: GloPro Body head for face?

I use .5 mm now. I didn't see any benefit with the smaller needles but it was a good starter piece to help me get used to the sensation which helped my skin acclimate. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 wrote:

I've read many people, including some from here,  are using the body attachment as their face roller instead. It's needle are a bit longer at .5mm vs face's .3mm. They say their results are much better.

Anyone seeing those results as well if you're also using the body for face?

p.s. Beautybio has never mention you could, or should do this. many regular microneedling are .5mm.

I believe it's b/c when the longer needles are used on the face there can be issues which include things like pin-point bleeding, prolonged redness or irritation and may limit what can be used on the skin b&a rolling with the longer needles. In other words, rolling with longer needles means you are in a whole different ballpark.

ETA - The GP rollers for the face are designed for exfoliation only. If you are using the longer (body) needles on your face then you inducing collagen formation plus exfoliating at the same time. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse @SilleeMee 

Thanks Ladies.

I think I'm going to try it,

however my normal skincare:

Staples:

Perricone

Cold Plasma+ ; face and eye- day/night

Cloud cream for eyes

Essential line - few days/week

neuro day cream-few days/week

Elemis

Marine cream; daily/nightly

Skinn Cosmetics

dermapeel scrub; few times /week

Do you think under eye is ok, ( I'm guessing you can't get much under eye area with the body)

When I use the regular face head, I do it for a long time - 10 mins maybe, it's relaxing.

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd one to do both side of my face at the same time.

I do get light peeling in a few areas.

I don't want to have a ton of pinpoint bleeding dots though, or at least not lasting long.

could you have possible pinpoint scabbing?

Should you use it with the same pressure of the face head, or barely touching the skin?

I also use the face on eyes and lips.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

Use the face roller only for the eye area. Don't use the one for the body around your eyes...the needles are too long for the thin skin around the eyes and that could cause unnecessary irritation and swelling.

The pin-point bleeding is not a big deal. It's not like you are going to need bandages...lol! Just rinse it away with water and they disappear quickly.

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

I would be careful what you put on your face after using the body roller on it. You don't want to use any actives which includes retinoids, acids or spot treatment products such as hydroquinone or acne meds. Wait until the next day to apply those. Try just using a single ingredient organic oil such as camellia or jojoba after rolling with the 0.5mm roller. Don't roll more than once every 3 to 4 weeks. Newly formed collagen in the skin can get damaged in the skin if you do it too often and small pits or dips on the surface of your skin over time could show up....bumpy skin, in other words.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @GenXmuse 

I'm glad I asked, because I would definately have rolled

3-4x's per week! 

???-

Are there time limits on facial areas?

As I mentioned, using the face roller I'd roll 10mins or more for entire face, because I found it relaxing.

???-

I have trouble with milia under eyes when I've used JM's Argan or Argan Reserve.

Is there an oil with less potential for milia? At one point I used Perricone's Chia oil, loved it, but I can't recall if I used under my eyes.

Won't oil get into to newly opened needle punctures? 

???

Other rollers to possibly incorporate-

Maybe I should try a cryo or rose quartz( or, if there are other gems)  for the relaxing benefit....do they really have benefits ;  are they temporary?

I'll have to peruse my skincare for retinoids or acids. Not sure if Perricone's cold plasma+ or Essential FX, or Elemis' marine collagen cream has them.

Are there really benefits using GloPro's "red" light and rollers over a .5mm roller from amazon, etc.?

sorry for the barrage of ?'s!

Thanks for ALL the help

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 wrote:

@SilleeMee @GenXmuse 

I'm glad I asked, because I would definately have rolled

3-4x's per week! 

???-

Are there time limits on facial areas?

As I mentioned, using the face roller I'd roll 10mins or more for entire face, because I found it relaxing.

???-

I have trouble with milia under eyes when I've used JM's Argan or Argan Reserve.

Is there an oil with less potential for milia? At one point I used Perricone's Chia oil, loved it, but I can't recall if I used under my eyes.

Won't oil get into to newly opened needle punctures? 

???

Other rollers to possibly incorporate-

Maybe I should try a cryo or rose quartz( or, if there are other gems)  for the relaxing benefit....do they really have benefits ;  are they temporary?

I'll have to peruse my skincare for retinoids or acids. Not sure if Perricone's cold plasma+ or Essential FX, or Elemis' marine collagen cream has them.

Are there really benefits using GloPro's "red" light and rollers over a .5mm roller from amazon, etc.?

sorry for the barrage of ?'s!

Thanks for ALL the help

@skittles2 

I urge anyone who is going to use the longer (0.5mm or longer) on the face to research how it's done safely. I did that by buying a book written by a professional aesthetician plus I actually went and had professional needling done before I did it myself. Using the longer needles is not the same as using the shorter ones and special considerations need to be looked at seriously. Please think about it before you continue.

Keep the skin tight while rolling. Rolling technique is done in one direction, lift the roller up off of the skin with each pass of three, move to the next section and do it again. Change the sweep angle to 90' and then to 45' to ensure complete coverage. In other words, up/down. left/right and diagonally. Roll in one direction only, not back and forth.

About the oils...the reason I recommend organic camellia or jojoba is b/c those oils are antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which will help keep your skin in good shape as it heals from being punctured. Also, using a single ingredient like that will reduce the possibility of irritation or even allergic reactions and sensitivities from other ingredients found in skin care products.  Less is more in this case.

Avoid skin actives such as Retin-A, retinol, AHAs, BHAs, most serums, sunscreen and makeup until 24 hours post needling. By doing so you reduce unnecessary irritation and/or infection. That is extremely important and I can't stress that enough. Leave your skin alone and let it heal for 24 hours then do as you wish.

The red light on the GloPro tool doesn't do anything. Just ignore it. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

WOW! Great info. 

Many mistakes I would have made. I'll research the book. Do you have the author?

I've used glopro back and forth, just as they show on tv. Maybe they don't tell us not to because the needles are small and don't penetrate deeply, only surface for slight exfoliation? I never thought it would help collagen production, maybe I hoped it possibly could do something because Jamie always hinted the red light is doing something miraculous but couldn't tell us.

I will get one of the oils you recommended, do you a particular trusted brand?

Perusing Amazon, the largest size is .3.  Some reviews are iffy for sure...re: needle rows move independently; needles break, length being off....

any trusted youtube vids?

I'd have a hard time getting to someone for a treatment due to Covid with me being high risk.

Aside from retinA, which I'm not using, but would like to at some point, I feel this would be a good choice for slowing collagen loss.

when choosing a roller- (unless you list brands you trust) are their specifics to look for:

-brands you like

-beginner needle length (glopro .3 which I haven't had problems)

-needle material

and material, or anything else to stay away from?

p.s. you should write a skincare book, actually... you do, on the beauty forum, helping us all with your vast knowledge!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

First you need to decide what you want your roller to do. There really isn't a 'beginner' length.  If you are looking to exfoliate and make your skin care products absorb better then look for a roller with needles shorter than 0.5. Most common size is usually 0.25 for that.. If you are wanting to boost collagen in your skin then you'll need to use a roller with at least 0.5mm needle length. I suggest looking for either of those sizes on amazon. Look for stainless steel, not titanium, with a 192 tip count* (see below).  Don't waste your time or money on those interchangeable ones b/c they cost too much and you are then stuck with having to buy replacement heads which are brand-specific. Your rollers need to be tossed after 12 to 15 uses or when you accidentally drop it on it's head....bent needles do harm so throw it away. Rollers should not cost more than $20 to $25, with most costing around $10 to $15. As long as you replace them often then most any of the rollers should perform well. It's when you use them past the 12-15 or so uses where there can be problems with needles falling out or getting bent.

Disinfect rollers before each use by soaking in 70% alc for no more than 10 minutes. Let air dry completely before use. After rolling run it under hot tap water then douse it with 70% alc, let dry completely before storing it (away from your bathroom and inside a closed container like a Tupperware type thing).

The book:

Holistic Microneedling

Book by Anthony Kingston

The oils...no specific brand, just organic and pure (not blended).

* Tip counts of 540 will have different penetration maximums. Because of the nature of that number of tips on one roller, the penetration is shorter. This is what I am talking about if you use the 540 tip count rollers:

Needle Length---Max Penetration
0.25 mm --------0.07 mm
0.50 mm --------0.30 mm
1.00 mm --------0.70 mm
1.50 mm --------1.30 mm
2.20 mm --------1.50 mm

Confused yet? I don't blame you but ask if you need an explanation about tip counts.

ETA - GloPro rollers have 540 tip counts. So even their 0.5 body roller won't go deep enough to stimulate collagen...fyi.