Honored Contributor

Re: Glo Pro Micro Needling tool - today's TSV

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you are looking for some quality microneedle rolling devices but don't want to spend a lot on them, Skinmedix dot com has them. The ones they sell are good quality and will last about the same amount of time as the GP rollers. They even have one with the shorter (exfoliating) needles on it. Always free shipping for every purchase.

I buy Skinmedix (stainless steel) rollers in the 0.5mm size. I have been needling for collagen induction for many years. 

In case you are wondering about steel vs titanium...

Steel is a better choice than titanium because of several factors, one being that it is more sanitary. Another reason is that the needles are more resistant to corrosion which means longer life. When it comes to microneedling, hygiene is the utmost important thing to consider when doing it.

@SilleeMee 

I hadn't heard that before, in fact - my understanding is just the opposite.  I have a titanium implant in my arm..

So .... I "googled" and found:

Physical qualities of titanium make it a preferable material used by automobiles, aerospace, jewelry and many other industries. It has been known for its high strength and toughness, durability and low density, and ability to withstand high and low temperatures. The corrosion resistance and biological compatibility of titanium are another two attributes very useful in a variety of applications like surgical implants etc. it is precious and costly when compared to steel. Steel is corrosive, rusts, stains, and is heavier than titanium. Steel’s density is 7.85 g/cm3, and titanium has 56% that of steel. (emphasis added)

http://www dot differencebetween dot net/object/difference-between-steel-and-titanium/

Respected Contributor

Why doesn’t Jamie address the “red” light when presenting the GloPro? She says to go to the Website, there are things that she cannot say about it on TV.!! That’s because “Legal” department won’t let her because the claims aren’t true!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA 

I'm talking about microneedling devices, not anything else.

Titanium microneedles are usually plated over a base metal, for example copper. The titanium used is also alloyed with other metals. In other words, titanium microneedles are not made of pure titanium.

eta- Glo Pro devices are made with stainless steel, fyi.

Honored Contributor

I'm ordering, mainly for my upper arm and upper thigh areas.  And I like the 90-day return possibility.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Why doesn’t Jamie address the “red” light when presenting the GloPro? She says to go to the Website, there are things that she cannot say about it on TV.!! That’s because “Legal” department won’t let her because the claims aren’t true!

That red light is a gimmick! When used as directed that red light isn't shining on your skin long enough to make any difference. It's just there to look like it's something special, but it's not.

Honored Contributor

just because someone comes on air acting lke they have the new hot thing.... think twice before subjecting your skin to something like this at home.  Anytime you break the skin's natural barrier you take the risk of  infection.  Many people will reuse this device without cleaning it.....( which you should do with alcohol each time)   

I just think that this device is just asking for trouble. Have it done at a licensed derm office with someone who knows what they are doing if you NEED TO DO IT AT ALL.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

That red light is a gimmick! When used as directed that red light isn't shining on your skin long enough to make any difference. It's just there to look like it's something special, but it's not.

WELL STATED! People do your research. Check out Gin Amber website and videos.

Trusted Contributor

For those who want to try microneedling but aren't willing to spend $100+, Walmart has one that includes a cleaning tube and 3 cleaning tablets for $9.88. Less than a $35 Glo Pro replacement roller.

ROLLERS WALMART.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

For those who want to try microneedling but aren't willing to spend $100+, Walmart has one that includes a cleaning tube and 3 cleaning tablets for $9.88. Less than a $35 Glo Pro replacement roller.

ROLLERS WALMART.jpg

@Caffeina 

Wow that's amazing. Looks like there's a quartz roller, too.  Thanks for posting. I had no idea WM carried stuff like that.

Respected Contributor

I would never use these devices. I am too afraid that I will get an infection, scars, etc. I think using good moisture products, sunscreen and retinol are good enough.