Respected Contributor

Giving up on the So Beauty VOV Pads

I can't find the original threads that discussed the So Beauty pads that at least one person had found on Amazon and said were perfect for applying toners and serums because they didn't soak up much product.

I ordered some on July 9 and they should have been delivered by August 18. I've contacted the seller for a refund and the order I placed for Graham Spa Esthetic Wipes should arrive by the end of the month. The So Beauty were $2.63 for 200, or 1.3 cents each. The Graham Wipes are $9.10 for 200, but they're 4"x4", and I read that they're folded in quarters. That means they're 8"x8" unfolded, so I can cut each one into 16 2" squares, making 3,200 2" squares. They work out about 4.5 times cheaper than the So Beauty pads. Even if they're not folded, that still yields 800 2" squares and is less per pad than So Beauty.

I'll report back if they work for the intended purpose, but since I've read of others using them that way, I'm expecting them to be fine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Giving up on the So Beauty VOV Pads

@noodleann wrote:

I can't find the original threads that discussed the So Beauty pads that at least one person had found on Amazon and said were perfect for applying toners and serums because they didn't soak up much product.

I ordered some on July 9 and they should have been delivered by August 18. I've contacted the seller for a refund and the order I placed for Graham Spa Esthetic Wipes should arrive by the end of the month. The So Beauty were $2.63 for 200, or 1.3 cents each. The Graham Wipes are $9.10 for 200, but they're 4"x4", and I read that they're folded in quarters. That means they're 8"x8" unfolded, so I can cut each one into 16 2" squares, making 3,200 2" squares. They work out about 4.5 times cheaper than the So Beauty pads. Even if they're not folded, that still yields 800 2" squares and is less per pad than So Beauty.

I'll report back if they work for the intended purpose, but since I've read of others using them that way, I'm expecting them to be fine.

@noodleann - I was the original purchaser of the So Beauty pads.  They really are perfect for the intended use, both in the way they fit in a jar I just happened to have and also their thin-ness.  When I placed my order, I ordered a bunch so I'm set for awhile.  Even so, I feel badly for those who followed my recommendation and didn't receive delivery.  I wonder what happened?  Eventually I will run out so I'm looking forward to your report.  Since SO Beauty seems to have taken a powder, I've been perusing Amazon for other options, for when I eventually need them.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the So Beauty pads on June 19th and got an expected delivery date of August 1st. When a few days past beyond that date, I contacted the seller who told me it must have gotten lost in the mail and that they would be sending me another one. They said to please just "be patient" so God only knows if/when I'll receive the second package. It's a shame because I wanted to have them to use with my Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid on a trip and I had to just take the bottle, which ended up leaking all over the clothes in my suitcase. 😣

Honored Contributor

I ended up going to a local Asian market here and bought some that are rectangular. Though not a perfect fit in my empty jar, they do fit inside of it...just a little smooshed on the corners and they work just fine. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I purchased a facial brush from either Amazon or EBay I can't remember.  I had no idea the package was coming from China.  It definitely was a counterfit because I know the quality of Laura Mercier.  Live and learn.  I did get my money back because I complained.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength