Honored Contributor

When looking at the color in the bullet it also has a lot of brown but on the back of my hand that's not noticeable. It looks very much like a true blue red but too red for me and dry but I'm not used to lipstick. I will try it with some gloss over it and see if it's more to my liking.

Westman Atelier petal blush.  More of a peachy nude.  I think my monitor needs calibrated. I didn't used to have this problem.

Off to visit my parents for the day. Enjoy your Saturday ladies.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm now I'm super curious! Mine will be here next week. I can't wait to see.

Super Contributor

it's a tough red to pull off.  Not too many women can do it.  It's fun to try though

Honored Contributor

Re: Givenchy too red

[ Edited ]

HOT DOG!  If it's a TRUE BLUE RED, it was made JUST FOR ME! It's in my cart, but I'll be in town this week so I just may scadaddle on into Sephora!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell 

Curious to see how you like it. Please let us know. I was hoping it had more pink in it but I don't know that I would have kept it if it did. It was so dry on my lips and I'm sure it would have just gotten more dry the longer I wore it.  If I ever found a pinky blue-red gloss, I would consider giving that a try.  My lips are burning tonight as I climbed in bed with two Lawless plumpers on my lips.  

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach 

Count me as one who can't pull it off.  It was beautiful in the ad though.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

It has three colors. The bullet itself which looks a little brown to me.  A different color on the back of my hand which is the color I hoped it would be and yet another color on my lips.  I hope it's the perfect color for you 😊. I have 8 million lip glosses to use before I die 😳

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I will let you know. I saw this campaign a while ago and I had high hopes! We shall see... many years ago Channel had a color called coco red. That was my favorite red lip. Of course...in true channel fashion is was discontinued...ugh...stay tuned

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

When looking at the color in the bullet it also has a lot of brown but on the back of my hand that's not noticeable. It looks very much like a true blue red but too red for me and dry but I'm not used to lipstick. I will try it with some gloss over it and see if it's more to my liking.

Westman Atelier petal blush.  More of a peachy nude.  I think my monitor needs calibrated. I didn't used to have this problem.

Off to visit my parents for the day. Enjoy your Saturday ladies.

@monicakm   This really surprises me because I'm a strong pink undertone (Irish, so maybe red is a better word, lol) and Petal is a soft pink on me. No peach or nude at all. Now my lips pull orange on almost every red on the market so maybe it's a body chemistry thing. So sorry it didn't work out for you!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I could tell the red was too bright for me.  But, I always wear some sort of gloss over my lipsticks.

@FiddleDeeDee I know what you mean about lippies pulling orange.  I hate that.  I would be interested in how that Petal turns out.  The pic Monica posted looked like it had a slight peach to it although I couldn't tell.  I prefer more of a mauve/rose on my cheeks although I can wear a little peach, like Nars O.