Valued Contributor

Re: Givenchy Black Magic question

@Poodlepet2: There are a lot of reviews for this product over on the sales site. You might find some help over there. It really helped me make up my mind.

Respected Contributor

Kachina, I did try a drugstore brand: it was a little too dark, but looked good: I ate something and it turned Bozo the Clown orangy/red....applying more didn't help either AND it stayed on for almost 24 hours.....

Sally and others, I wasn't going to get it, but took the plunge. I am not expecting any weirdness: I'm pretty confident The House of Givenchy would never stand for that-but to be on the safe side, I will try it at home first!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Kachina, I did try a drugstore brand: it was a little too dark, but looked good: I ate something and it turned Bozo the Clown orangy/red....applying more didn't help either AND it stayed on for almost 24 hours.....

Sally and others, I wasn't going to get it, but took the plunge. I am not expecting any weirdness: I'm pretty confident The House of Givenchy would never stand for that-but to be on the safe side, I will try it at home first!

Poodlepet2

Poodlepet2, I have it and love it. I have one in my vanity and one in my purse.  It is very hydrating and the color is awesome berry but not too bright.

Deb

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle  Clinique's Black Honey is my "go to" lipcolor because it has depth of color but sheer so OK for fair skin. Several years ago, they started making Almost Pink...just those 2 "Almost Lipsticks". The pink is a neutral and natural and love it for every day. 

Trusted Contributor

It is considered 'black magic' that it blends with your PH balance- alone or whatever other lippie you are wearing.
Respected Contributor

Shanus, I loved Black Honey but it had no staying power at all.  You might really like IT because the intensity varies with the amount and it's never too bright-at least, not on me.  Like you, I'm fair, yet there are many medium foundations and other medium "things" that look good on me.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  Fair would be dark for me. I'm in the porcelain range...like when they said, "the Nicole Kidman's of the world". That's me, no color! I tried the IT shade at ULTA & was very bright on me. For the Black Honey, I used a nude lip pencil all over lips first and the lipcolor stayed on as well as any others do.....as soon as you eat or drink, they all need retouching.

Respected Contributor

The IT 'je nes sai quoi' was  just ok.  Eventually threw it in the trash.  Didn't do a thing for me.  Ordered the Black Magic a week or so ago (before the sellout).  Got lost in the mail.  UPS & USPS pointing the finger at each other.  No one assuming responsibility and giving me the round around.  Called C/S and got a refund.  Smiley Frustrated

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

i really like IT COSMETICS, but i am not a huge fan of the je ne sais quoi. i am using one as more of a base/primer right now for my lips. the rest of them i usually sell in facebook groups if they were part of a set.

would love to try the givenchy black magic. i also like the givenchy phenomen-eyes mascara.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I love IT "Je nes sai quoi : it's a little different color every time I put it on, but it doesn't change to a horrid color if I have an acidic food.  (Years ago I tried a mood match lipstick-it turned bright orange and I couldn't get it off!).

I like the hydration of IT, but the Givenchy looked really lush. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Poodlepet2

I also love Je Nes Sai Quoi ...  the last 2 tubes didn't leave as much color on me as the previous ones.  I also line my lips with a lip crayon, and then bring down the color with JNSQ.  It works beautifully that way too.