Respected Contributor

Givenchy Black Magic question

I love IT "Je nes sai quoi : it's a little different color every time I put it on, but it doesn't change to a horrid color if I have an acidic food.  (Years ago I tried a mood match lipstick-it turned bright orange and I couldn't get it off!).

I like the hydration of IT, but the Givenchy looked really lush. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Givenchy Black Magic question

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I love IT "Je nes sai quoi : it's a little different color every time I put it on, but it doesn't change to a horrid color if I have an acidic food.  (Years ago I tried a mood match lipstick-it turned bright orange and I couldn't get it off!).

I like the hydration of IT, but the Givenchy looked really lush. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Poodlepet2

Omg!! IT Je nes awful shade on me!!!
Honored Contributor

What about the green lippie from Lipstick Queen that turns pink? Je Ne Sai Quoi is OK on me, not my fave by any means.

Respected Contributor

To @Poodlepet2:   I do own the Givenchy Black Magic lipstick. I really like it as it turns into a pretty berry color on me. It is very lush as you say. I also got their gloss when the Q sold them together before Christmas. 

Now for the IT Je nes sai quoi, I didn't care for the color that turned on me. It was like a bright fuscia color. I hope this helps you out. 

Honored Contributor

Remember Black Honey from Clinique, that is a lovely berry shade.

Respected Contributor

I recd the Givenchy as a deluxe bonus sample from Sephora and it turned my lips a lurid shade of hot pink!

Mood match lippie anyone?

Respected Contributor

Maestra, that's scary-and it's not exactly inexpensive.  I have never had problems with Je: it does change colors when you eat or drink, but the colors were always flattering....I think I will stick with the lippies I have!

Thanks for your timely response!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

How about the Mood Matchers lipsticks available at drugstores for a couple of dollars that also turn a pretty berry color that lasts for hours?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Poodlepet2

I LOVE this Givenchy product.  It is very moisturizing.  I wish they would stop calling it a lipSTICK because it is really a balm.  I think it is more moisturizing than the IT Je nes sai quoi.  It gives a lovely wash of color.  On me it turns the most perfect deep berry shade.  I have purchased two already so I have one at home and one at work.  Has to be one of the best lip products I have ever bought.  I hope they never stop making it!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried this and like it. It was a dark berry on me and very moisturizing.

ETA: I have also tried the Je nes sai quoi. It turned a bright pink on me. I don't like bright pinks.