Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried the Givenchy Black Lipstick before? It looks very interesting and different, but it is so costly.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Givenchy Black Lipstick!

I came out a pretty pinky rose on my lips

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Hi @CANDLEQUEEN.  Yes I purchased it a few months ago.

It feels great on the lips, easy smooth application, very moisturizing, but the color just never built up dark enough for me.  Color is determined really by your own pigment in lips.  So it develops different on everyone.  I gave it to my 15 Yr old daughter, she loves it alot. Definately every day wear , if you love the color.

I hope this helps

Super Contributor

I bought this and the color does come out great for me but as time goes on it changes color and looks awful...Not a good purchase for me.. If I mix it with one of my other lipsticks it can be ok... Had something like this when I was a teenager and the color changed on each person differently.. This is nothing new...

Honored Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

I bought this and the color does come out great for me but as time goes on it changes color and looks awful...Not a good purchase for me.. If I mix it with one of my other lipsticks it can be ok... Had something like this when I was a teenager and the color changed on each person differently.. This is nothing new...

@hondagirl I bet you are referring to the Mood Lipsticks. I remember those too, I was hoping this was not that type of lipsitck though!

Honored Contributor

I was so tempted to order, but I had tried it before and the color wasn't good on me.  I'm older and need more color than it provided.  Someone mentioned "mood lipsticks" and I also remember Doris Dalton being the rep. for Fran Wilson lipsticks of which some were green, etc. and they color changed on each person.  I bought some of those; my kids liked them.

Honored Contributor

I prefer Lipstick Queen's Hello Sailor which is navy, color is a beautiful mauve shade when applied to the lips. .

Respected Contributor

I've tried almost all these color change lipsticks (not this one but another black colored one),almost all prices and brands, and the very prettiest one I've ever found is the ELF Gotta Glow Lip Tint in the Perfect Peach shade. It also comes in a pretty lighter pink shade.  It's the only one that didn't turn a kinda purple/goth look on me.This one turns a lovely color (not purple or maroon....this is just on me of course) and I top it with the ELF Lip Plumping Gloss in Sparkling Rose. Perfect! And you don't need easy pay. Great online site and lots of free shipping days. 

Respected Contributor

My deluxe sample morphed into a garish hot pink-ugh!

Respected Contributor

I have had mine about three months, the color is beautiful on me and very moisturizing