Trusted Contributor

@Jorina wrote:

My skin is quite sensitive and when I exfoliate my face, it hurts and I feel red. Then nowadays, I almost don't do that anymore but when I do, I don't think it's efficient enough because I try not to rub my skin too much. Please, if you have sensitive skin like me, then please,let me know what you like and why!

@Jorina, I'd be careful of the recommendation of using Tatcha's enyzmes. I've always thought of my skin as being pretty tough, I've used Skinn's Dermappeal, PTR's Unwrinkle peel pads, Paula's Choice 2% & 4% BHA and her 8% AHA as well as retin A and countless other exfolients. I developed what appeared to be a chemical rash like burn from Tatcha's enzymes. Now I initially used it 2 times a day and with a Clairisonic so that could have contributed to my problem.  So if you do decide to try Tatcha, start with the gentle grains and only use them 1 time per day to start and not with a clairisonic. I'm not the only person who has posted here on BB about having a problem with Tatcha enzymes but I also think it could have been a reaction to either papaya enzymes or talc. I've heard they have discountinued using talc in the enyzmes but when I bought it, it did have talc in it. Others have recommended Paula's Choice 2% BHA and I second that opinion. Seems to be very gentle and never stings my skin. It gets pretty good reviews on MUA and on Paula's Choice's website. That and the muslin cloth should probably work well n your skin.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

I would also recommend Paula's Choice BHA exfoliants. They come in different strengths and formulations. There are lots of reviews and info on her website or you can talk to CS for a suggestion.