Respected Contributor

Re: Give a break...how long/often can you talk soap!!!!!

[ Edited ]

It is done with all of the products though. How about Josie and slathering the body butter on her arm? Or how the hosts continually dip their finger in a jar of body butter or other products on other skin care lines.  We get it, the body butter doesnt drip LOL

Super Contributor

Right on ladies.......IMO the only QVC saving grace is Shawn! Even as far as the lacking quality control of their mail/packaging department. Those shipping bAgs are never sealed properly in order to be reused, to which more and more returns are necessary! It used to be even if I were not making a purchase, I would watch for entertainment. It has become an irritant. PM style with motor mouth Amy and the other totally inept sidekick😫 The butt moves.....dancing and carrying on....it’s like a bad America’s got talent audition😫😫😫😫
Super Contributor

And how about the same 70 yr old It model over n over? I figure by now she’s pushing the 80 mark.🙄
Honored Contributor

Some are quite easily freaked out.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

It's the TSV and of course Q treats it like a infomercial😮.

But, for me as much as I love all Beekman products I'm tired of hearing the "sad" story about almost losing the farm, their neighbor asking if his goats could go to their farm, etc.! oh and "neighbors".

Believe me these guys are not as "poor" as they indicate to buy the farmhouse which they have remodeled superbly.  It's beautiful.  They had cookbooks, Food Network show, Amazing Race winners & connections with Martha Stewart and Oprah endorsing their products.

Their biggest accomplishment is -- they believe in the product & sell it well to make them the fastest growing "lifestyle brand"! Now, that's marketing in the best way!

Interesting note:  today I didn't hear 1 testimonial call which was wierd!

Not sure how many TSVs they sold but I'm sure they did awesome.  One thing I will say when I first started buying BB the product  was in a beautiful white box -- now it's just product in a HSN orQVC box👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

The last box I got was just beautiful.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 

HA HA!!! I'd drive to PA from NC just to bring my Aussie girl on set with goats, lol. You got it -- that would DEFINITELY make things fun. Hee hee.

Super Contributor

Id rather watxh the Beekman TSV than another second of the creepy Vionic demonstration with the foot guy. I cant stand watching that guy touching the models feet and the ridiculous markings on the leg . I think any shoe fixes that line when you are placed in a sandle .
Honored Contributor

As long as you need to sell it to the masses; it's the mark of a great salesperson.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

I have never watched their presentation, but do they claim to have been poor? An internet search of Brent Ridge & Josh Kilmer-Purcell tells a different story. Maybe they spent all of their earnings and became poor.

@mom2four0418- No, they don't claim to have been poor.  It's just that some people cherry pick what they want to from the story of how Beekman 1802 came to be.

I've read the background on this brand (as I would with any brand I'm interested in) and there's a lot more to their life story than you'll hear about here or in the presentations.  I commend them for doing what they needed to, to save the farmhouse they bought and to make a thriving business out of it.

They've established a successful, ethical business and helped others in their new-found community.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

Bottom line is, try the brand, if you're at all interested.  You may like it, you may not, but that has nothing to do with their financial status, past or present.

Super Contributor

@mom2four0418 

They weren't poor. They both had high end, high dollar paychecks when they bought Beekman mansion and farm and they are the first to admit that. They both lost their jobs in the 2008 financial mess and barely managed to keep it.

There is a LOT more to their story than what you see on QVC. Go read Josh's book, The Bucolic Plague.