Regular Contributor

Re: Girls Night In - Laura Geller Presentation

Laura Geller is a class act.  She deserves better than these 2 wannna be's.  Just plain rude and inexcusable. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kacee1115, Laura Geller is the BEST> She is a lady. Always polite and enjoys sharing. Hosts on this particular show were not entertaining. Remember this is a business ladies. Leave the wine at home. Listen to Laura. I don't care if you have been there 35 years. Politeness is a FOREVER. I believe you have been there less then 35 years. Didn't host have a1 year off t o spend more time with her family?. Doesn't matter. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO ALL VENDORS!!!!!! WE can all learn 

Esteemed Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

I agree with everything said here.  Courtney insists on putting blush on the tip of her nose.  Laura said its a NO NO.  I did love that Blush N Bronze  that was being presented.  I wanted it when it was in the TSV Kit at the beginning of the year, but I didnt need the whole kit.  I bought the Rose color..

Did anyone catch where Rose Marie Swift said that she puts blush on her nose? (I've never used this "makeup tip.") However, if you need to camouflage a long or wide nose, then I might consider blush (or bronzer) in strategic places.  

Then again, RMS also stated that baked [powders] were drying. (Something I do not believe.)

Trusted Contributor

They all need to just tone it all down. Sick of JT stories of her perfect family and the past people in her life. Poor Laura Geller...thats all I gotta say.  I hate being negative but watching the Q is to relax me and my shopping therapy. Certain hosts these days make we want to crawl out of my skin. 

Ladies, tone it down, give info on product , SIZING FOR EACH ITEM, SIZING THE MODELS ARE WEARING...AND FORGET MY DAUGHTER IN THIS SHOW OR THIS BALLET,  give me the info on my products ladies thats all. 

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

No one knows everything about makeup, not even Laura Geller. We can all learn something new.

True @Iwantcoffee. But there's a way to do it with an esteemed makeup artist. She should have said something like, "Someone told me you could. . . What do you think Laura?"

Laura has said over and over how much she enjoys teaching. Please let her TEACH us! Show the models and let her explain what they are doing. Let her say what colors they are using. And they shouldn't stand there as hosts just putting blush on over and over without telling US what they are doing and why.

Just a waste of time. I don't want to watch a comedy act.  Let a host like Jayne host a show with Laura!

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom very well said!  I completely agree.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's as though Jane and Courtney feed off of each other, become very smart-alecky and take it out in guests like Laura.  Its inexcusably rude, childish, and unprofessional. an "us against her" sort of situation which is very unfortunate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Did not see that show but have watched Jane and Courtney  together other times , and thought maybe "liquid supper" they had , if you know what I mean .  Found myself doing  channel surfing,,right away if it's those two,just to much giggling ,silliness going on .

Think lately Jane is trying too hard in keeping up with the younger host,she seems hyper, I don't really care what Cara or Deirdre are doing ,but she must get them into almost every presentation she does and this has been going on for  over 20 years .

Think Laura G  should be the one to go to corporate about that show in question.

Occasional Contributor

I 100% agree......and I like Jane and Courtney as hosts but this is a now a bit much.....  Laura is a class act and I miss the days where she was allowed to teach us.  As I reflect, I am blaming the fact that most of the vendors are no longer in the studio.  I have really seen a huge uptick in these antics amongst many of the hosts since the pandemic began

Respected Contributor

Scratching my head and wondering if I watched the same segment.