Frequent Contributor

I am a big fan of Philosophy's Gingerbread Man soap and miss the scrub.  I saw that they have a duo with a scrub in it. I am sure the consistency is different but does anyone know if it might be worth a try?

A341676

Honored Contributor

Re: Gingerbread Scrub? A341676

@bronx...I ❤️ Gingerbread man, but have never tried the scrub.  How is it? I’ve read that salt scrubs are rough on the skin. Is this one gentle? I love the scent so I’m tempted to buy it, especially since Philosophy is giving us free shipping through tomorrow.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

LOVE, love Gingerbread Man, but not salt scrubs.  My skin definitely prefers sugar scrubs.  

Honored Contributor

Good point @Caaareful Shopper...I wish there was a Gingerbread Man sugar scrub.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife

I can't help but wonder if mixing Wen Fall Ginger Pumpkin with fine sugar might work as a scrub. Perhaps someone on the Wen forum has done this or used the FGP oil, maybe both? Just thinking a little outside of the box. Hope I haven't offended anyone going OT. Not my intention.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @rochelleS! I’ll search some WEN threads & see if I can find something about body scrub. I think (but far from certain) that he is working on something...😍

Super Contributor

I love the Gingerbread Man salt Scrub!  I am ordering this set.  I don't know if the consistency has changed but I loved the one they used to have.  I think the size has changed.  I think it used to be 23 oz now it's 21 oz.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this scrub out for several years. They used to have a candy cane one too. I'm wondering about the consistency change too.

Respected Contributor

@bronx Thanks for posting this...I just ordered! I already have 4 bottles of the body wash, but just had to get this scrub. Hopefully, the consistency has not changed too much, if at all--I liked it the way it was. It's never been a "gentle" scrub, but I use it carefully, and actually like the roughness of it for my arms & legs.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered it.  I am sure it is not going to be the same but maybe, just maybe it will be close enough.  I love the soap and use it all year.  Can't wait to get it and review.