Respected Contributor

Re: Gift for recovering from surgery

@lavendar A barefoot dreams robe and socks or a throw would be perfect!

Valued Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter, handcreams and argan oil.

Respected Contributor

There's a large tube of lotion that goes with the shower gel and fragrance mist. She's used it here so I know she likes it. Juniper Breeze, one of B%B's first fragrance.

I picked up Aveeno cleansing cloths, BOGOF

I think the two comfy's take the place of a robe. Y

One is really, really warm. The other isn't.

There's a great place for socks around the corner.

Now I have to speed read the book I'm sending her.

I just ordered some things from WFoods. Mostly for gifts. I'm sure there must be a grocery store that delivers. I think she has Prime.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Respected Contributor

The surgery went well. I was concerned because the skill of the surgeon is paramount. 

My niece is home and doing well. The package I sent should come tomorrow at end of day.

I told her I asked for opinions on what to send her. She wanted to hear the "story." She teaches third grade in lower Manhattan and does great 'story boards.' I taught her how to do them

I read her all the comments and she really liked the suggestion of the adult coloring books so I'm sending them via Amazon. 

She was very touched by the comments and wanted to thank everybody.  I think she's fishing for more suggestions. Any more suggestions are welcome.

I knew she didn't know what a Comfy was so I mentioned it. She told me she wouldn't wear a Onsie. OMG I'm old enough (75) to remember jump suits that made life too complicated.

Thank you again. 

Respected Contributor

Package arrived. She loved everything but the Comfy's. I'm not surprised. She's fifty three but childish about some things. She won't try them on; says they're ugly and most of all doesn't have space for them. She says I have no idea how cluttered her apartment is. She does have basement storage. She promised me she wouldn't throw them out and would put them in the basement until a real cold day. I told her if she doesn't use them until March to give them away.

I bought them when she thought she'd have chemo. Chemo patients are always cold. I also bought her a special pillow to protect her hair because she was frantic about losing her hair. I thought she'd hate that but no, she loves it.

I guess the good news is everything is benign and she's her feisty self.

I just got some bad news re a medication I'd been getting for free. As of today that ends. So I'm reeling from that and do feel bad about the Comfy's. 

Any suggestions are welcome.

Honored Contributor

Maybe some DVD'S or Books if she is a reader. If not maybe a subscription to Netflix for a month.....I normally would say lip glosses for makeup, but if her mouth is going to be sore, then maybe not....You already have some good gifts as well. Maybe a nice lightly scented candle if she likes candles as well......Magazines?

Honored Contributor

I would include some sherbet or ice cream or some smoothie fixins...fruit, yogurt, etc.also maybe a gift card to someplace she likes that delivers food. I don’t think I would worry about makeup since you have included so many other nice things. She is so lucky to have an aunt like you! A crossword puzzle book if she likes that sort of thing might be nice as well. I hope her surgery goes smoothly.
Regular Contributor

When I was recovering from shoulder surgery a couple years ago, the best gift was a Netflix account.  I asked my friends on Facebook for suggestions and then binge watched several shows when I wasn't sleeping from the drugs.  I did a lot of lounging on the recliner and watched on a tablet.  A battery bank so it didn't need to be plugged in works great.  Food wise, anything quick like burritos or frozen dinners worked the best and I bought a bag of my favorite candy (tootsie rolls) as a treat.  Had a little control central at the recliner - remotes (tv and space heater), snacks, a bowl for the next medicine dosage, my tablet/charger, lip balm, hand lotion