Respected Contributor

Gift for recovering from surgery

My niece is having intricate surgery to remove a benign tumor on her neck. Her mouth will be sore. She will be out of work for three weeks.

I have a large box I'm filling with goodies: a special book, two comfy's (two different weights) a Carol Hochman nightgown and a special pillow. 

On the beauty side am giving her a shower gel, body lotion and fragrance in something I know she'll like.

Any suggestions for m/u. Nothing for eyes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gift for recovering from surgery

@lavendarSounds like a perfect gift. Is she married? Maybe you could put a note with helping her around the house. Or bring her some food. Maybe some soup.

Hope all goes wellHeart

Honored Contributor

A gallon of ice cream would be my choice (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

What a wonderful aunt you are.  Not makeup, but facial masks seem to be a big thing these days.  I've seen that Macy's is having a sale on them.   Believe it or not, Dollar Tree has a variety of them as well.  They're kind of fun to use. You can probably get them almost anyhere though.

Super Contributor

I love the Beekman creams.  Pure ( no scent ) would be really

wonderful for her.  It would be comforting to use it.  If you haven't

tried the Beekman products....please do.  They are wonderful.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar  What your giving her is very thoughtful. You want a suggestion for a beauty product. I would suggest a Tinted Lip Balm. Fresh lip balms are my favorite esp. the ones with spf. She can also use it for a flush of color on her cheeks.

Respected Contributor

I think a moisturizing tinted lip balm would be good. If you know the correct shade a BB Cream, CC Cream or tinted moisturizer would be nice.

Image result for fresh rose lip balm

Honored Contributor

couple of months of Netflix or Hulu stuff like that

Esteemed Contributor

A dear friend just had surgery & I sent her a huge bright & colorful floral arrangement.She loved it.When I went to see her I brought her a gift basket full of creams & bubble bath etc. I also included a gift card to a local diner that delivers so that she can order food for several days for her family.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

My niece is having intricate surgery to remove a benign tumor on her neck. Her mouth will be sore. She will be out of work for three weeks.

I have a large box I'm filling with goodies: a special book, two comfy's (two different weights) a Carol Hochman nightgown and a special pillow. 

On the beauty side am giving her a shower gel, body lotion and fragrance in something I know she'll like.

Any suggestions for m/u. Nothing for eyes.

@lavendar  Since she'll be staying in for 3 wks., not sure makeup will be a priority. I'd concentrate on other items that will make her comfortable. If she has a DVD player, I suggest a favorite movie or two. Many are on sale at Target. Daytime TV stinks and if she's accustomed to having her days filled at work, she'll be bored at home.