Valued Contributor
You may want to try Wen Treatment Oils. They are incredibly nourishing for your scalp and smell wonderful.
Respected Contributor
If the dandruff does not resolve soon, see a derm. Some dandruff is caused by a fungus or eczema, which can develop at any age. One of my family members developed eczema on her scalp at over 80 yo, so you never know. If you have a fungus, you will need the right medicated shampoo to stop it, but TT WEN is at least antiseptic to some degree and could help some.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest that you switch over to the TT formula. I have had a dry scalp most of life, and I almost always utilize TT as my first cleanse, and then I will use one of the other CC's for my second cleanse.

I only use 613 every other week and I was unable to use BGT, because it was too drying for my hair.

Contributor
On 4/5/2015 w84WEN said: You may want to try Wen Treatment Oils. They are incredibly nourishing for your scalp and smell wonderful.

I had treatment oil and used it this weekend, it helped me a lot.

Actually, after cleansing a second time with the bamboo without the 613 I feel a lot better. I think I might have over done the 613.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I think next time I will order the TT formula. I went to Target and got a TT oil for treatment. Hopefully, this will improve it more.

Thank you again!

Trusted Contributor
On 4/6/2015 Gohar said:
On 4/5/2015 w84WEN said: You may want to try Wen Treatment Oils. They are incredibly nourishing for your scalp and smell wonderful.

I had treatment oil and used it this weekend, it helped me a lot.

Actually, after cleansing a second time with the bamboo without the 613 I feel a lot better. I think I might have over done the 613.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I think next time I will order the TT formula. I went to Target and got a TT oil for treatment. Hopefully, this will improve it more.

Thank you again!

I've used Wen for over three years, and I love the Tea Tree CC. I also make a point to use TT oil (either the Wen TT oil or one that I've mixed myself) at least once each week. This helps keep my scalp clear and happy.

Just wanted to make sure that you are aware that you shouldn't apply tea tree essential oil directly to your scalp. If you purchased an essential oil (normally sold in a small 1.0 or 0.5 ounce bottle), then you should dilute it with a carrier oil (I use jojoba) before applying all over your scalp.

Contributor

Thank you for letting me know, I did not know that. Can I be able to mix a drop with the bamboo CC I have?

New Contributor

I've been using the Tea Tree & I do mix it with the 6/13 more heavy on tea tree however it doesn't seem to help my dandruff problem. I love how Wen makes my hair shiny & I don't have frizz but I would like to find a formula that isn't so drying to my scalp. I just ordered the tea tree treatment oil & am going to try that to see if that will help.

Valued Contributor

ITA.....the oils are wonderful. I do a treatment as least once a week. Very soothing for the scalp and nourishing for the hair.

Honored Contributor

Gohar, sorry to hear this!

I find the Bamboo Green Tea to be too drying for me and can't use it alone I mix it with Fig to get enough moisture and won't repurchase this one.

If you have dry hair, Fig might be a good option for you. If you have dandruff, Tea Tree might be a good option for you. You could also mix the two together and get the benefits of both.

If you want to keep using the Bamboo Green Tea and don't want to order more WEN yet (or ever), you can try several things:

1 - Use a dandruff shampoo and WEN as a conditioner, as someone else suggested.

2 - Add some tea tree oil to your Bamboo Green Tea WEN. I buy mine at Whole Foods, but I've also seen it at my local grocery stores and some drugstores. It won't mix in well if you add it directly to the WEN bottle, but you can add some to your pumps of WEN before you apply to your hair.

3 - Make a pre-wash treatment of tea tree oil and a carrier oil to massage into your scalp right before you wash OR to use as an overnight treatment the night before you wash. Carrier oils include jojoba, argan, sweet almond, grape seed, olive, or coconut oil. Coconut oil can be comedogenic and olive can be harder to wash out of hair, so I'd go with one of the others. Grape seed oil is inexpensive and sold in many places. Tea tree can be used for all kinds of things, but should be diluted with a carrier oil when applied to skin. I use a 10:1 ration with 10 parts carrier oil and 1 part tea tree.

Trusted Contributor

I definitely recommend the WEN Tea Tree treatment oil. I also have used the WWC oil with a few drops of tea tree essential oil added. But when I have a flare up of the dandruff, an overnight treatment of the WEN TT oil does the trick.