Esteemed Contributor

If a product states it's "anti-aging", I don't buy it.  I keep things very simple and have found that less IS more.  I apply Vit C serum and moisturizer in the mornings - retinol cream at night - and firming cream on my neck AM and PM.  Four products, all drugstore.  My complexion is much happier and healthier now than it was when I applied layer upon layer of expensive stuff a decade ago.  

Happy Birthday!  (I'll be 70 by Valentine's Day)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My Beloved Mom used Ponds and Oil of Olay and Dove Soap! She had pretty skin to the day she died!!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

So derms will tell you you need SPF everyday, retinol or retin a and moisturizer with ceramides and exfoliator. Cerave is a good line and a good cleanser , Paulas choice as some excellent products and you should research her website and look at her line and call and find out what is best for your skin. I would incorporate her strongest retinal product in the purple bottle and work up to it.with a moisturizer and use her BHA for exfoliating to start. 

Honored Contributor

Please no bashing: The sun will age your skin faster than anything...even in winter and rainy days. When using a retinol product, your skin becomes more sun sensitive. Those of you who have not mentioned sunscreen, please add it to your routine. No moisturizers, serums or neck creams will erase wrinkles. 

Honored Contributor

I just started with Elemis.   Years ago there weren't so many brands available.  Now it is overwhelming.  I have PTR Retinol, but not sure it does anything.  On a "break" from it right now.  I'm finding using Dr. D. or PTR pads does make a difference no matter what else I am using.  Will try to be more faithful using these pads.   I do use sunscreen.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Please no bashing: The sun will age your skin faster than anything...even in winter and rainy days. When using a retinol product, your skin becomes more sun sensitive. Those of you who have not mentioned sunscreen, please add it to your routine. No moisturizers, serums or neck creams will erase wrinkles. 

Well said @Shanus.   Proof in just looking at my hands.  The left that is in the sun driving every day has age spots, the right that is inside the car looks much better. 

Nothing ages faster than the sun and the environment.  Sunscreen everywhere! 

Super Contributor

Manuela from Isomers said on one show if your skin is happy -keep using those products. Don't jump around. Your skin does not like that. I took her advice. I don't really try the latest and greatest, my skin is sensitive and easliy irritated. 

I like the Perlier Honey line, if it is good enough for Skip's grannie, It is fine by me. I have used it for several years. I also can use Elysee and have good luck. I used to use reclaim by Vicortia Principal but I think it has too many actives and not enough moisture.

I wanted to try Isomers new caviar line and gold line . Put them in the cart, thought about it, deleted it. I like Garnier gentle cleanser AM and PM, not much for scrubs or exfoliators. maybe a washcloth. NO retinol for me- 

goodluck, and keeping it simple and cosistent is great. 

hat , big sun glasses and Bare minerals with spf 30 for me. done. and dusted as they say over the pond.

Honored Contributor

I don’t jump on every bandwagon for the latest and greatest. I use two serums from Isomers and a cream that has manuka honey and shea butter from Red Rocks on Amazon that is $30 and lasts me six months. 

The best thing I’ve tried is the Nu-face. It’s not a cream, but a device that helps improve sagging which is my main issue. 

Elysee is is a very good line I may go back to after I finish the bottles from isomers because it’s much more affordable and works. 

Esteemed Contributor

@joanluvz

Clinique has some nice light weight liquid sunscreens with SPF 50 in 1 oz. bottles. The white liquid version is in a white bottle with a yellow cap, the Pep-Start SPF 50 version is tinted slightly and a bit less money than the white liquid version, the bottle is yellow with a white cap. I own both and use the tinted Pep Start sunscreen on my face most of the time and use the white liquid version on my neck and chest area but it's also good for the face. It layers nicely under foundation or BB creams too but can also be used by themselves if you don't wear foundation or BB creams.

Clinique SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face, 1 fl oz - A414454

QVC sells the above version item A414454.

QVC should be selling the Pep-Start version too. I think it's priced better, a sort of entry level sunscreen price aimed at millennials, it's $19 U.S. while the white liquid version above is $28.50 U.S.

Related image