Honored Contributor

Getting a manicure.....with my husband

Yesterday my husband decided to get a manicure.  He likes clean, well groomed nails.  I went with him.  So we both got manicure and pedicures.  I asked one of the groomers about the popularity of manicures for men.  He told me the last several years, his business has boomed for men wanting manicure/pedicures

I think my husband takes better care for his nails then I do for mine.  I keep my nails short, with only a clear polish on them.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting a manicure.....with my husband

DH and I have been getting pedicures and manicures together for years. I no longer use polish and my nails are healthy.

Trusted Contributor

i sometimes see men at my nail salon.. nothing wrong with it. sometimes men come in to get waxed too, nothing wrong with men taking  care of themselves, 

Esteemed Contributor

How nice for both of you.  All nails look better if cared for.

Honored Contributor

I wish I could get my husband to go with me. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's a great idea.  Years ago an older lady I worked with went with her husband.  Once and a while, I'll see a man at the salon.

Valued Contributor

@songbird   

Men For Manicures/Pedicures?  

My 87yo Dad got to the point where he could no longer clip his toenails. 

I was helping him by sitting  on the floor and trimming his toenails.  

His niece suggested a very nice very clean salon nearby for this chore and he went along with her for a visit. ??  I think he liked it more than he wants to admit.  

The ladies at the nail salon make a big fuss over him and now he goes to the *nail place* about once a month.    

I am out of a Pedicure job  but not complaining.   <G> 

Oh and I do my own manicures at home, clear polish is great and low maintainence.  

*Check out our Nail Threads messages here on Beauty Forum!    

Keep Calm and Poilish On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

Groomer?  What is a groomer?  Lots of men get manicures and pedicures now but the two shops I go to provide services to men, just one night a week or by appointment.  One of them also does waxing for men on Men's night.  Men color and get facials too.  

Respected Contributor

My husband is meticulous when it comes to personal grooming. I could not ever see him sitting in a nail salon.

I remember my father telling me there was a nail salon near his complex that trimmed senior citizens' toe nails for $5.  He and my stepmother had theirs done every 2 weeks.

Honored Contributor

I see many men getting pedicures where I go.  Sometime see couples together which I think is cute.