Honored Contributor

Get Ready Gorgeous

[ Edited ]

It's hard getting used to this show without Elise Ivy.  It was created just for her, and she would post her detailed involvement on picking the set design, and contributing to the items in each show.  Elise usually started with a fresh face, or only partial makeup, and built up product by product.  The show just flowed so easily with her.  It was one of QVC's limited great new ideas for a show.  I loved it. 

This morning is the 2nd one with different hosts.  I know I'll get used to it, but right now it's boring and lost it's spark, to me.  It's just another throw-products-together-and-sell show. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

It's hard getting used to this show without Elise Ivy.  It was created just for her, and she would post her detailed involvement on picking the set design, and contributing to the items in each show.  Elise usually started with a fresh face, or only partial makeup, and built up product by product.  The show just flowed so easily with her.  It was one of QVC's limited great new ideas for a show.  I loved it. 

This morning is the 2nd one with different hosts.  I know I'll get used to it, but right now it's boring and lost it's spark, to me.  It's just another through-products-together-and-sell show. 

Q can never deviate from something that worked......5 or 10 years ago who is doing what they did 5 or 10 years ago 

so not surprised, 

I liked Elise's show too

Honored Contributor

What a loss of her leaving.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Loved Elise doing this show, but time marches on. When she left Q, they had to try out different hosts. I'm just happy that, so far, the show is still on the schedule.

Who would you Beauties like to see hosting this weekly show? I think Amy or Courtney would be good. It needs to be someone who does a great job with their makeup....still no MUAs on set.

Honored Contributor

Elise, has such a nice personality, just something special about her,i think.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   Besides being prepared and giving the facts about the beauty products she presented, she had a calm voice, as well.

No use pinning away for her. Unless she breaks up with her boyfriend in FL, she will not be back. Wishing her happiness in a not long distance relationship.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  good question -- who might be best hosting this show now?  I'm trying to think of someone who has:

• a presence that's unafraid to show herself naturally,
  • presents without a lot of hyped exaggeration of results,
  • and seems to have a real affinity for, and knowledge of beauty products.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I think looking ahead at the shedule, I saw a show "Get Ready Gorgeous with Ali".

Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready Gorgeous

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  I think looking ahead at the shedule, I saw a show "Get Ready Gorgeous with Ali".

@Shanus  well, I guess that answers that.  With her name on the show, QVC has made their decision with Ali.  Ali did a recorded video presentation when the RMS cream foundation was presented by Terri this morning.  I guess that was a hint of what's to come. Hmmmm; I'll watch a few shows.  I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   Besides being prepared and giving the facts about the beauty products she presented, she had a calm voice, as well.

No use pinning away for her. Unless she breaks up with her boyfriend in FL, she will not be back. Wishing her happiness in a not long distance relationship.

Not pinning away, just really like her, and so cute.Wish her the best.