Honored Contributor

Wow, when I heard Dimitri James (Skinn Cosmetics) mention that he worked for Germaine Monteil when he was in college, it was like a blast from the past. I only barely recalled the her cosmetic line. Anyone else remember that name?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

I remember it well.  I wore Royal Secret for 20 years. Loved it.  Have not found 

anything since that I truly love.  Miss it a lot.

Regular Contributor

@FuCakes  -  Royal Secret was my favorite also. Still on the hunt for a replacement. 

Respected Contributor

Around 1983 Germaine Monteil came out with a perfume they called Champagne. I had a bottle and it had stars on the bottle.Loved it. It was only on the market for a short time and was discontinued because of legal action by champagne producers. YSL came out with thier version later but it never smelled as good as the the one by Germaine Monteil. This one was wonderful and people are still trying to find the original Monteil version. Wish I had kept the empty bottle. It was beautiful. 

Regular Contributor

Royal Secret takes me back to my college days.  It's funny how you associate periods of your life with different scents.  I thought I had seen it in a Vermont Country Store catalog but I looked just now on their website & didn't see.it.  Interlude is another one from that same time but I can't remember who made it.

Honored Contributor

Wow. I started this thread 5 years ago.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

For those who may still be interested  I bought several bottles of Royal Secret  from Albertson's grocery in the cosmetic department where the colonge is sold...just this past year.

Super Contributor

WOW!! I used to sell Germaine Monteil in a high end dept. store in NY!!!! I loved the line and it sold very, very well!! Sure wish it was still around!! Thanks for bringing up great memories!!!

Respected Contributor

Oh yes I did use a few items from her line. One of them was her lip liner which I loved.

Super Contributor

@50Mickey

Because of allergies I never wore perfume until I came across Champagne.  I loved it so of course it was discontinued.  Then I found Tova.  I was happy until the formula changed and it didn't smell the same.

I still haven't found another perfume I could call a signature scent.  If I do I'll buy bottle and bottles of it. Smiley Happy

Grow old my body but stay young my heart