Respected Contributor

Gentle physical exfoliating product?

I have used philosophy's microdelivery wash on and off for years.  I just realized that I'm out of it finally so I decided to order some more.  Apparently, they have changed the formula and it's way too thick now and hard to get out of the pump.  

So.... that's a no.

Do you have gentle physical exfoliating product that you would recommend?  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gentle physical exfoliating product?

I've been using Paula's Choice since 1995.  If you sign up for her emails they will send you coupon codes for 15 or 20% off and free shipping.  Their products are guaranteed for 60 days.  Fragrance free, no animal testing.  Also check out the website Beautypedia for reviews on drugstore/dept. store skin care and make up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Paula’s Choice 2% BHA exfoliant once a week. I have sensitive skin but it doesn’t bother it.  I found once a week worked well for me but some people use it more often depending on their skin type. 

Edited to add:  oops - I guess this is chemical rather than physical. 

Respected Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I've been using Paula's Choice since 1995.  If you sign up for her emails they will send you coupon codes for 15 or 20% off and free shipping.  Their products are guaranteed for 60 days.  Fragrance free, no animal testing.  Also check out the website Beautypedia for reviews on drugstore/dept. store skin care and make up.

@hendersonI know she has chemical exfoliators.  I already have one of those that I like.  Does she have physical exfoliators too?

Respected Contributor

I noticed the same issue so will not buy again.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr. Denese facial wash and it works for my sensitive skin. she also has a microdermabrasive cleansing cream that is very gentle. The facial wash I use every day the cream a few times a week. 

I had been a Purity girl for years but then it starated to break my face out. That's when I switched to Dr. Denese skincare and my skin has never looked better. A lttle product goes a long way with her products.

Hope you have the same good results that I do.

Regular Contributor

What I have used for several years is Beekman's charcoal face scrub. It is very kind to your skin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

@henderson wrote:

@hendersonI know she has chemical exfoliators.  I already have one of those that I like.  Does she have physical exfoliators too?

@Mellie32 

Yes, she does! 

I got a sample of her new physical exfoliant with my last order. I liked it so I ordered a full size. It has jojoba beads which dissolve as you massage the cleanser on your face.  It leaves my skin very soft. It has even helped with the flaky skin around my nose & mouth caused by seborrhea dermatitis. Some reviewers complain it’s too gentle, but I don’t like harsh physical exfoliants so it works for me. 

image.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thank you @wilma !  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Dr. Denese has a product that I think is ideal for anyone who wants a gentler physical exfoliator. It's called "Firming Facial Microdermabrasion WASH," not Cream, but the only place I've seen it sold is on QVC in a set with a big bottle of the Hydrating Cleanser and a 6-oz. tube of the Firming Facial Microdermabrasion Cream, which is more abrasive than the wash.

I like M. Asam's sugar scrub, too.