Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gentle physical exfoliating product?

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

These are two of my favorite exfoliators:
See the source image 

Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant

Hi, @JeanLouiseFinch ,

Can you compare the Eminence to Tatcha? Do you anything else from them? I thought you may have used Tatcha and were looking for dupes...?

Tatcha Classic is also a very nice, very gentle exfoliating powder. I did not care for the Josie M at all.

Also, powdered milk is as gentle as you can get. I just didn't care for the smell.

Valued Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@henderson wrote:

I've been using Paula's Choice since 1995.  If you sign up for her emails they will send you coupon codes for 15 or 20% off and free shipping.  Their products are guaranteed for 60 days.  Fragrance free, no animal testing.  Also check out the website Beautypedia for reviews on drugstore/dept. store skin care and make up.

@hendersonI know she has chemical exfoliators.  I already have one of those that I like.  Does she have physical exfoliators too?

@Mellie32 

Yes, she does! 

I got a sample of her new physical exfoliant with my last order. I liked it so I ordered a full size. It has jojoba beads which dissolve as you massage the cleanser on your face.  It leaves my skin very soft. It has even helped with the flaky skin around my nose & mouth caused by seborrhea dermatitis. Some reviewers complain it’s too gentle, but I don’t like harsh physical exfoliants so it works for me. 

image.jpg

Love this product too!  I received it free with an order not thinking I would like it that much, but it really is nice.  You can't overscrub because the beads dissolve rather quickly before you do any damage to your skin.  Would definitely rebuy on my own.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

These are two of my favorite exfoliators:
See the source image 

Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant

Hi, @JeanLouiseFinch ,

Can you compare the Eminence to Tatcha? Do you anything else from them? I thought you may have used Tatcha and were looking for dupes...?

Tatcha Classic is also a very nice, very gentle exfoliating powder. I did not care for the Josie M at all.

Also, powdered milk is as gentle as you can get. I just didn't care for the smell.

Sorry, @Harpa, I've never used the Tatcha exfoliator.  I did find a dupe years ago (Fleur de Lis), but eventually moved on.  The Eminence is gentle and works well alone mixed with water or when mixed in with a favorite cleanser.