Trusted Contributor

Re: General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I use just one lipstick, Lorac Secret Agent from Kohl's.  I, however, do have at least three opened at one time.  One for my car, work, home. 

Super Contributor

Re: General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I have used the sme lipstick for so long.  I guess it just is easier that way.  So many products bother my skin and I cant find a mascara that doesn't bother me.  

Respected Contributor

Goodness not me! I have so many lipsticks and glosses. I just love makeup too much to remain faithful to just one. I am not monogamous. Lol!

Trusted Contributor

Over the years, I have found a shade of lipgloss or lipstick I will use for 2 or 3 years and eventually tire of it or it is discontinued.

The one lip gloss or tint I have purchased over and over again for many years is Clinique Black Honey.  There are times, when nothing but that works and it is more of the most comfortable lip products I've ever used.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I tend to use one lipgloss 99% of the time. It is the perfect berry color for me. Every time I try something different I end up applying the berry gloss over it. I don't own a ton of different shades in other products either. Once I find something I like I stick to it. When my favorite is discontinued it is can be very difficult to try to find a replacement. I guess that is a drawback to having a limited list of faves.  

@wilma

What product is this?  I am curious.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

When I was younger, I was an impulse buyer and spent WAY too much money on a variety of colors, such as palettes ...  most of them were only okay, but I wanted "perfect".    I gave a lot of makeup to my sisters.

Of course, nothing is worse than finding THE right shade of something .....  only to learn it's discontinued!   Been down that road too many times, as well.  

These days, I'm a lot more selective with makeup colors.  I've still got an assortment, but I skip the palettes and odd colors I might wear once, and that's it.   

For efficiency on busy mornings, I've finally found the right colors of foundation (mineral), blush and eye shadow, and I trade off on the lipstick shades.    I've got a few, but I've finally found THE shade that is very flattering to my skin tone and just lights up my face.   How can I beat that?

@Tinkrbl44

Guility of the same thing!  Palettes never were good for me.  One or two colors at best and the rest just a waste! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@ItsME

Received my IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi and I love it. Super hydrating, sheer and a natural flush to the lips. Goes perfectly with my minimal make up look. Yay!

Honored Contributor

I am fickle, I have at least 80-100 lippies, which are glosses, lipsitcks and lip balms, every so often I weed thru them and toss out the old or colors the no longer interest me.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Not me - I have about 7 different lipsticks at a time so I can wear different colors with different outfits.  And, some days I feel like wearing pink, some days I feel like wearing coral.  However, I have one Revlon lipstick that I keep buying and have used for over 40 years now -  I always have at least 3 tubes of it at all times.    That said, I only have 1 foundation, 1 mascara, 1 brow pencil, etc.  Except for lipsticks, I use up one product before I buy a replacement.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I tend to use one lipgloss 99% of the time. It is the perfect berry color for me. Every time I try something different I end up applying the berry gloss over it. I don't own a ton of different shades in other products either. Once I find something I like I stick to it. When my favorite is discontinued it is can be very difficult to try to find a replacement. I guess that is a drawback to having a limited list of faves.  

@wilma

What product is this?  I am curious.  

@AngelPuppy1

Neutrogena Moisture Shine Gloss in Berry #400