Valued Contributor

Re: General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I only use Stila Lip Glaze in Berry, the rest of my makeup is a combination of products by IT, Mally, Stila and Nars.

Honored Contributor

Re: General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I find my perfect color family in lips, shadows, liners and blushes, but usually have at least 6-8 of each. That's great for me. I've recently paired down from drawers full of makeup. This now feels like I own no makeup. 😢

Respected Contributor

You are so funny! LOL

I can't even wear the same colors 2 days in a row. Today may feel green. Tomorrow may feel orange. Or purple. Or blue. Usually not blue, but every now & then I have to use it. I love eye shadow/liner.Sometimes I wear browns, but they aren't that fun.

I have a wardrobe of blushes. Some are the ones that really compliment my complexion & some aren't the perfect colors for me, but I have to wear them because they are beautiful colors.

I do have lip colors, too, but they aren't my favorite. Eyes & cheeks I can put on & not realy worry about them the rest of the day. Lips are too much work, but if I have color on my face it looks naked if I skip my lips.

Mac is my favorite brand. Urban Decay, Laura Mercier. Becca...I'm glad to try any brand...

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

why would I want to ?Cat Happy

Exactly  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't wear lipstick any more - I find it dries my lips out.  I like Clinique Chubby Sticks and I recently started using Bobbi Brown Art Sticks - love them.  And I do use different colors depending on what I'm wearing.  

Respected Contributor

Guilty as charged. I use the same (minimal) make up everyday.  A Mac eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.  Rarely wear foundation.

Now ask me about skincare products -- that's a whole 'nuther story...

Respected Contributor

I only have a few lipsticks.  If I ever found one in the perfect color, I would probably wear it 99% of the time, and have one other color on hand for a change up every now and then.

I could also get by with one blush and one bronzer.  I do like more variety in eye shadows and liners, though!

Honored Contributor

ME!   LOL!  I have one, no, two for spring/summer and one that is amazingly perfect for fall winter!  It's semi transparent and the color of a candied apple.  Clinique Heather Moon.

Image result for clinique heather moon lipstick

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

never.....no need to......

i currently have at least FIVE in my handbag alone.

dont even ask me how many i have in my makeup case or in my makeup organizer.....or in my stash. lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I only have a few lipsticks.  If I ever found one in the perfect color, I would probably wear it 99% of the time, and have one other color on hand for a change up every now and then.

I could also get by with one blush and one bronzer.  I do like more variety in eye shadows and liners, though!

@ItsME

I am totally with you. I just ordered my first IT Cosmetics product: the je ne sais quoi lipstick that is said to be very moisturizing with a hint of color. I purchased the 'clear' version that is supposed to enhance your natural color. I'm ready to be disappointed because I never seem to find my holy grail. But the description of this product is what I've been looking for:  sheer, natural, conditioning color.