Honored Contributor

General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I know women who have and use 1 lip product, one eye shadow, one blush, etc.

I don't kow how they do it!  I have neve been able to stick to just one product and use it only until it is gone!  I wish I could!  I always wanted to find my go-to colors and products and just be satified with them. It would be much cheaper and more simple!

How many here just use, for instance, one lipstick or gloss shade?  

I recently found a Cover Girl shade of lipstick that I am currently enamoured with and have been using it and only it for 2 months!  Shocking!  I have never done this.  Usually, I am changing lipsticks/glosses every day.

Don't know how long this love affair will last. ??????

As for other makeup products/shades, I never really like any of them enough to remain faithful!

Thanks for posting your reply! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I use, 1 powder, 1 blush, 2 eye shows (only 1 a day though), mascara (sometimes non of that at all), and rarely lipstick, 1 pencil eyeliner. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: General question --- How many people here just stick to one lipstick or gloss?

I don't think I would ever be able to just use one of a makeup product, but I do find that I seem to gravitate toward the same lip gloss/eye shadow combo most days, no matter how many I have.  I guess I have a preference depending on what I'm doing for the day/what I'm wearing.  Since I'm off for the summer, I'm much more laid back with makeup, so I guess that's why I seem to be using the same things over and over.

However, once work starts up again, I'll change my makeup around and start using various colors once again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

why would I want to ?Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I stick to the same product(s) until I use them up. So, for example, every day I use a Wet n' Wild lip pencil (close to the color of my lips) to very lightly outline and lightly fill in my lips, then I put lip balm over it. I might need one or two re-applications of the balm during the day, but that's it. The pencil slightly stains my lips and lasts all day. I also use a brow pencil, a smidge of liner in the corner of my upper lid and sometimes a cover stick here and there. That's it, day in and day out. :-)

Respected Contributor

The only eye shadow and blush I've ever used up and bought another are Mally's - both called Mally's Glow.  The blush is peachy-pink and the eye shadow a bronzy-brown.  I've done the same with Laura Geller Bronze & Brighten too - I use it for contour.under my cheekbones.  I've used these products for about a half dozen years.  Colors go with everything.

Esteemed Contributor

Variety is the spice of life, and that's what I like in choosing a lip color for the day. So many shades look nice on me, so I don't think I could ever stick to just one. I will buy a single, but I love lip palettes, too!  For me, color first, then formulation.

If I wear eye liner, however, I generally stick to what looks the most flattering - defined, yet not obtrusive.

I don't play around with eye shadow colors any more.

@AngelPuppy1

What Cover Girl shade are you loving?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently bought my third lipstick - for years I've only had 2 - lipstick queen medievil and a rose for when the red wasn't a good match to my outfit.I just also bought lipstick queen yellow that is a very pinky coral on me.

I have one blush shade and one dark green eyeliner.I don't wear eye shadow, but back when I did I wore one color only - violet.

Honored Contributor

For me to do that would be like wearing the same clothes every day until they wore out!!

Respected Contributor

I usually have 3-4 colors of long-wearing lipstick on hand...a brownish pink, a brownish peach, a brownish mauve, and a brown-based red. I also have a couple lip glosses.Guess I like those muted shades! It is a rare day when I just grab a lipstick and apply. I usually mix a couple shades together to get the perfect color. I stick those colors in my purse for the day. As a redhead, it is difficult to find the perfect shade to go with my fair skin, hair color, and outfit.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli