Respected Contributor

I am going on a beach vacation soon. I am wondering if a gel pedicure will stand up to the sand and ocean which for me normally destroys a regular pedicure in just a few days. It gets dull, scratched and chipped up. I just don't know if the gel is strong enough against sand but it always seemed very strong in general when I used to do them on my hands.  So if anyone has any experience with this scenario please let me know. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Gel pedicure on the beach

I have never had an issue with regular polish on my toes.  Never found the need to do gel on the toes.  Having said that, I would think the gel would hold up, if that's what you choose to do.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I think it will hold up really well.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx   I find that the beach is rough on my feet anyway, so I use that as an excuse to get a pedicure DURING the vacation.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  I went on a cruise -- lots of beach time.  Normally I wear regular nail polish and it surely gets beat up in sand (polish at the tips wears off easily). 

I got a gel polish pedicure and my toes looked just like the day I got them done for the entire 8 days!  Perfect!

Esteemed Contributor

I highly recommend that you get the gel. It will last well beyond your vacation and look great. I ALWAYS get the gel mani/pedi and have never had an issue. Your polish will be just as shiny and chip free as the day you had them done, unless you accidentally ding them. Go for it. It is worth the extra cost.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your feedback. I'm gonna go for the gel!  

Respected Contributor

I live at the beach in the summer and I have found gel pedicure are the way to go.  My pedicures last weeks versus a regular pedicure that looks a mess within a week or so.  I usually get a new pedicure b/c my nails have grown and there is a white area at the base of the nail not that the pedicure has been damaged by the sand at the beach,

Esteemed Contributor

have don't do two pedis but I always get a glitter top coat which lasts weeks (it's even a little tough for the tech to remove.