Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

If you wouldn't mind could you recommend a dark eyeshadow that I could try. I'm so new at this. I was wondering whether I should get away from gel liner. Thanks 

@jobiz 

I like using this NYX shadow in Raven. That's an almost black shadow which works well with a damp flat-liner brush. This NYX is heavily pigmented so it makes a good liner.

NYX Eyeshadow Raven  -  $4.50

Regular Contributor

Re: Gel eyeliner brush

[ Edited ]

Thank you! I'm going to check Amazon for that flat brush. 

Regular Contributor

Since I'm over 60, does this technique make a softer look but open my eyes? Thanks 

Honored Contributor

Re: Gel eyeliner brush

[ Edited ]

@jobiz wrote:

Since I'm over 60, does this technique make a softer look but open my eyes? Thanks 

@jobiz 

I'm 66 and I like to take the flat liner brush and press the eyeshadow directly into my lash line. Move it along... press, press, press until you get to the end of your lash line. What you end up with is a more defined eye without a visible line above your lashes. The look is a soft, natural one. The NYX Raven shadow is not a super dark black so that gives a softer, not harsh, definition. On me it makes my eyes look bigger.

Valued Contributor

@decaf The brush is Bdellium tools professional makeup brush studio series 761 tight liner. From amazon. I have not tried it wet. 

Trusted Contributor

@KLm  Great, I'll check it out! Thanks.

Regular Contributor
I have used the flat eyeliner brush by Smashbox for years. I’ve never replaced it and love it,
Honored Contributor

I have a very thin eyeliner brush and use the same liner.  It's CVS or Walmart I'm sure.

Regular Contributor

When I apply it this way, should I do the upper lid without using any pencil, just wetting the brush a sweeping on the top lid???  I'm such a dope when it comes to this lol. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much! This really works and I do love the softer look.