Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee You have talked about that brush before, and I went to amazon and looked at it, but I ended up with a smaller brush, same manufacturer. I liked it so much, I bought another for backup. I use it to tightline, and it is just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@jobiz 

Ugh, I'm not even going to attemp winged liner!  I know my limits lol

Honored Contributor

@jobiz 

If you have a setting spray, try using that instead of water.  It will stay in place longer.  I guess it's allergies because the outside of my right eye has been watering every time I walk out the door.  I use a setting spray over my entire face.

Trusted Contributor

@KLm wrote:

@SilleeMee You have talked about that brush before, and I went to amazon and looked at it, but I ended up with a smaller brush, same manufacturer. I liked it so much, I bought another for backup. I use it to tightline, and it is just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

@KLm

I bought the Flat Eye Definer brush  I think it's # 714 or 814, off the top of my head and it didn't work well for me for tightlining under the upper lash line.  You can't dampen it with water, the briistles all separate.

Can you please tell me the name or number of the brush you bought instead. Have you tried to use it wet or dampen it with water? Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Gel eyeliner brush

[ Edited ]

@jobiz wrote:

Hi friends,

I could really use a specific name of a brush to put on my BB gel eyeliner.  I have her brush but am struggling with it. I've tried some angle brushes but when the pot is slightly dry it's hard to work with and I like a very fine line, no wings here 😂  

Thanks!

@jobiz   Many people have more luck using a lip brush...the retractable type. Without the cover, that brush has a shorter handle and easier ot use. If my pot dries out a bit, I use  a toothpick to stir it up and get to the bottom which is usually a better consistency. Also try putting a bit of the gel liner on the side of your hand with your brush, close the cap and work from your hand. It keeps the gel pliable longer. 

Regular Contributor

Great idea. I think I will hunt for one. Thanks 

Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

Great idea. I think I will hunt for one. Thanks 

@jobiz   Lip brushes are easy to find in drugstores, Target, etc. and most of the time, they're sold separately...no need to purchase a set of brushes to get one. 

Honored Contributor

Many years ago I used Smashbox Jetset liner in the little pot and applied it to my upper and lower waterlines with their arched liner brush. I still use the brush. It's a good one to use for applying my Careprost lash growth serum. But overall, the arched brush is a good one to do tight lining, upper and lower, with gel liners.

Smashbox Arched Liner #21 -Look around to find one.

Smashbox Arched Liner #21 - Reviews | MakeupAlley

Valued Contributor

I use Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner every day.The problem is they are not getting new shades. No other gel eyeliner works so good. 

The best brush is the Clinique eyeliner one. 

I also have a few Geller eyerimz eyeliner brushes. They were discontinued years ago.

Regular Contributor

If you wouldn't mind could you recommend a dark eyeshadow that I could try. I'm so new at this. I was wondering whether I should get away from gel liner. Thanks